Draw-Loc

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by youngfart, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you have a torn rotator what difference would it make which shoulder is injured or whether you shoot left or right handed. He was looking for info on how it would work not someone opinion on if you would use it or if you were against using it or a cross bow. Rocky good luck figuring out how to keep in the woods longer.

2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I get it has a safety. What happens on a d-loop failure? Seems pretty safe. Just like with any other weapon I suppose. Don't point it at anything you don't want to shoot. Including your foot. :)

3. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've not used this but when I tore my shoulder I shot left handed unit I could get my shoulder worked on. took a couple weeks to work up to good groups at 25 yards by staring with a bow down around 30 pounds to build in the muscle memory and working up to 50 pound draw. Don't know if that's an option for you, but if so the mission bows that go from 30 -50 were the ticket. good luck.

4. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    rick-florida
    Thanks Rick, we discussed this earlier in the thread, I don't like that option ,but thanks . I'll stick with the Draw-loc.
    Rocky

5. Keef

Keef Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Several years ago I shot a Draw Loc a friend in Texas had on his compound. He also had a shooting stick attached to his stabilizer so he could get additional stability. The darn thing was pretty impressive. I was more accurate at longer distances. It does make a compound into a crossbow by definition but as long as crossbows are allowed where you hunt it's not a problem. Let us know how you like it.

6. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rocky, good luck with it. also if you could, let us know how it works out for you. none of us are getting younger and one never knows when something like this may be needed to keep us in the woods hunting.