Warmest camo you've found

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Firemedic910, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Firemedic910

Firemedic910 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting gear is one thing I've learned to never skimp on... Plus it gives me an excuse to spend way too much money on awesome gear!

2. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's a fairly common suggestion I see for base layers, so I was excited when I saw a set at Sam's for $30. I haven't had a chance to test them out yet, because the temps in Indiana haven't warranted super warm clothes this season.

3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wear the Day One Camouflage with the fleece coat and fleece pants with wind stopper. It is insulated as well. Great outfit!! Has pockets in different places for hot hands to go. The HBS looks great just isn't for me. I also wear the UA tree stand base layer. I have had great luck with it keeping me warm and blocking the wind. I'll probably look in to some new base layers for next season. If it is real cold I'll put my boot blankets on when I get in the stand.

4. MAD 6

MAD 6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went to ****'s and bought a bunch of Camo, every Camo in store was up to %65 off.

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Me too, but people always cry about Sitka and First Lite prices so I suggested the cheapos :) . I use Sitka mostly with some UA, but after several years of using them, I am phasing out the UA I own.

6. Firemedic910

Firemedic910 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well that's good to know since tha will be the combination I use until I can also phase out my UA. I got a steal on my UA gear about 3 years ago, only reason I'm still in it. I'd love to have my tags filled by the first week of November and not have to worry about it, but we all know how that goes!

7. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Sitka Kelvin & Incinerator series. I really like the Kelvin because it's not bulky at all and super warm. I wear one merino wool layer with UA tree stand (5.0) base layer frequently when the temps get sub-zero.

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Every year I have high ambitions of tagging our early. The deer never seems to follow the script for me though lol.

9. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sitka Fanatic or Incinerator
    Cabelas MT050 might suffice and can be had for much cheaper.
    I love my Fanatic suit

10. emgepi

emgepi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been looking to upgrade my cold weather gear as well. I get chilled very quickly on stand and usually wind up trying not to shiver for most of the sit. My dad and I can wear the same exact thing and he'll be comfortable and I'll be freezing.

I think I need to start with a good base layer. It's something that I've never worn or invested any money into. My base layer consists of a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I have what I feel is a good set of bibs and heavy jacket but it just doesn't cut it for me during month of November on. This year was an exception and I never even took the bibs out but typically I wear them a lot.

This thread has given me a lot of good options to look at before next fall rolls around.

11. PSEHunter79

PSEHunter79 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mid 20's today with 25 knot winds... Used only the under armor extreme base and their gun powder pants and jacket camo line, gloves, hat.. - sweat my *** off..

12. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All about the base layer. I wear under armour infrared top and bottoms and they are great! I have the gloves too. Well worth the money.

13. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gray Wolf Woolens. But it's pricey.

14. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Natural Gear windproof fleece is warm.