I need everyones opinion

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WestMonroe BowHunter, Dec 15, 2015.

1. WestMonroe BowHunter

WestMonroe BowHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey y'all. I'm a noob to the archery field and I am already obsessed. I had a buckmaster G2, 70# 29" DL. Its just not acting right anymore and I'm going to buy a new rig Friday. I have the option of buying a Bear Attitude RTH Package from Academy or a Used 2012 Hoyt CRX 32 Pro Series. The hoyt comes with a black whole target, arrows, sight, Rest, and broad heads. All for $300. The New bear is the same price, well around $350 after taxes.
    I would like everyone's feed back on which one I should choose. Thanks and Good Shooting!
    BOW HUNT OR DIE!!!!

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whichever one fits you and feels the best to you.
    For me I wouldn't get either one of those but that's me and how they feel to me and my hand.
    Shoot them and lots of others and decide what works best and makes you shoot the best.

3. Tri-County

Tri-County Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. What elkguide said, Shoot them see what feels right, if they don't then shoot others. I shot a Hoyt for 11yrs, shot a bunch of bows last year ended up with an Elite Synergy. It just felt right... choose the bow you don't...chooses you the bow does... (Said in yoda voice)

4. BigEv

BigEv Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    both are great bows and they will do what they were made to do. but like these other guys said, finding a bow is like finding a nice pair of boots. they all do their job, just gotta find the one that fits hoss.

5. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know anything about either bow. I do know both companies make good bows. New bow means warranty and any issues can be handled failry easy. Used bow, may be perfect or maybe something wrong. chance you take with anything you get used. With that said, usually you can have a bow shop look at it and tell if it's up to spec and par.

6. WestMonroe BowHunter

WestMonroe BowHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I appreciate yalls input! I'm going to get the Hoyt, the guy met me at the local pro shop and the shop pro told me that it was a good deal. His exact words to me was " That guy is givin you the deal of a lifetime!" I may not get to bag the big one this season but that just means I have a year to practice. There is also a few Bow Only Refuges around me that barely anyone hunts, and there is pictures of good nature bucks also. I hope everyone has a great Xmas.

Hoyt CRX 32 Pro Series
    27.5 L, 70#
    Easton Nemesis 340
    Rage SC 2 Blade 100 G