What to do with to be released sex offenders

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BJE80, Dec 9, 2015.

1. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anything to do with hurting a child or rape should be dealt with by castration or a bullet. These types are people are wired wrong and there isn't much you can do to fix them IMO they only get smarter and better at hiding their crimes

2. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Castration doesn't fix it. It's more about power and control. Death penalty would greatly reduce the recidivism rate.

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Take two of the convicted child molesters and put them in a 10' X 30' room.
    Give them each a .22.
    Tell the first to shoot the other in the foot.
    Then tell the other to do the same.
    Then let them work their way up.

4. davydave86

davydave86 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    After working as a corrections officer for 4 years I've seen more than you can imagine. In Ohio the sexual predators get sent to they're own facility where they can all congregate and be happy. It's absolutely sickening. Like I've said before they don't rehabilitate they just bide their time. Then commit again. Public hanging or something on par with that is the only thing that would stop these monsters!!

5. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think they should all be placed in housing developments near each other. They should be required to work and pay rent like normal people but should also have to wear some sort of signifying marker so everyone around them can see that they are an offender. Sort of like a half way house. Maybe the lesser degree offenders could work there way to less restrictive classification over time with good behavior. But as mentioned above this wouldnt be for the "went to marti gras and got caught taking a whiz in the alley" sex offenders.

6. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to do all those things to these people too. But reality is it isn't going to happen so what should we do with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Coastie

Coastie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Scrolling through the feed I inadvertently read "humanely harvested sex offenders"

8. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In these discussions it always goes from "what to do with them "and turns into "what to do to them. "
    In other words a totally useless dialogue considering the current state of our society.
    Unfortunately there are only so many ways to be proactive after the punishment phase is complete. Registration and identification only goes so far... It's like living with a dog who has bitten people it's only a matter of time before they bite again.
    So with that in mind I think we need to do a better job of realistically vetting these people prior to release, and determine how likely they potentially recommit similar acts and then make a proactive decision from that determination.

9. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good post. But now even if they are considered high risk what can be done? Some lawyer representing them is going to cry foul. They will still likely need to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know a guy that went from being a successful businessman to ending up divorced and basically homeless after finding out that his daughter had been molested. It completely wrecked him psychologically. It haunts me. I can not think of a crime that causes more pain and long lasting emotional scars for the victims and their families. It is a scar that never heals and a crime that has no closure. Life in prison is probably not punishment enough.

11. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We can use that information during the sentencing phases rather then the having to make risky decisions after the release.

Let's start thinking with more clarity in regards to who we would rather pay for lengthy incarnation stays...the potential replete sex offenders and violent offender or for example minor drug offenses.

12. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone else think of this guy?
    [​IMG]

13. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ssssswwwwwwwaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Borgy76

Borgy76 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Child molesters and violent sex predators should be put down within 30 days of being found guilty. A 9mm bullet to the base of the skull going upwards would be seriously cheap and quick. These people are not fixable. I see no reasonable reason to keep someone around that has completely destroyed another persons future. Kinda like coyotes.

15. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Someone very close to me was raped and after discussing how much it has changed them, it all but cements my view on the matter. If a violent rape occurred with DNA to prove it, death sentence. It's worse than murder IMO because they force their victim to live with it emotionally for the rest of their lives...

16. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In response to the thread's title:

Put a bullet in them

17. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What if someone is falsely accused and convicted? It happens all the time....all...the...time.

18. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Truly sad.

The pussification of our society does not allow much for the death penalty now. Somehow we have decided as a society that locking them up for 30-50 years is the right thing to do. Then the same people who are against the death penalty are some of the people that don't want them in their neighborhood. They want it both ways.

19. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    True! There are always the people that say these people can be rehabilitated and they have a better augment then the people who want them dead. What governing body is going to go along with killing all these worthless pukes? They all have their fake jobs to keep and people that practice forgiveness instead of justice are in the same boat they think these people can be helped. I know I would sleep much better at night knowing that these worthless POS's would be dead instead of having a government agency place the pedo's next to a school.

20. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The way things are going, pedophilia and rape will be legal in 20 years and then we don't have to worry about 'sex offenders'. :(