Apollo 13 - Team 13

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by dmen, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Polecatmasten

Polecatmasten Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You guys will get them, Thanksgiving is just around the corner for second rut hunting.. If not sooner)

[​IMG]

2. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I plan on sitting all day next 2 days with ohio youth gun and the snow I hope they are on there feet and I can put some points on the board and meat in the freezer

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck wj3! I stay away to let my buddy have the farm to hunt with his daughter every year on this youth hunt. I don't want to mess up a kids chances. It's only 50 acres (not counting the neighboring farms we have permission on). I hope to get over there on Monday though.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  4. whitetailjunky3

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks slow so far haven't heard but 1 gun shot in the distance and no deer hope it changes lol

5. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow nice buck man. Your having a pretty crappy season lol. Only thing you have left to do is take me hunting and get me one of those cows lol

6. whitetailjunky3

Dislikes Received:
    Well I learned a tough lesson this weekend guys. I set at a new spot yesterday that I thought for sure was going to be awesome. At around 11 o'clock I decided to go to truck to warm up after not hearing but maybe 2 gun shots and seeing nothing all day. I hung a camera before I left. Today I went back in there to sit again and I checked the card. 26 min after I left a shooter strolled thru. Here's a pic of the spot. I am for sure going to be hunting it more.

Attached Files:

7. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Learned that lesson last year twice (I'm thick skulled). First time I had climbed down out of the stand and was checking a camera when a shooter came strolling in. Second time I had gotten down around 11:00 and was going to a new stand and had a shooter run out in front of me. Experiences like those taught me to stay in stand until around 12:30 once November rolls around. I either try to pack a lunch or make my lunch break real quick

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last weekend in OH I had a similar situation. I had lowered my bow and was packing up in the tree and a buck walked by at 15 yards. Luckily it wasn't a shooter or I would have been sad lol. I have no idea how the bow being lowered or all the moving I was doing packing up didn't spook it.

9. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody still hunting? It's has been mega slow here in PA where I can still hunt. I cannot remember a year where my sightings were this low in PA. I was planning to head to OH Sunday and Monday (we like to eb there the first day of gun in case of trespassers) but I am not sure I am going to make it now.

10. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I might get out with the bow this weekend.

11. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We're headed out to Ohio tomorrow to hunt with the bows Saturday and Sunday then gun on Monday.

12. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here is the video to my hunt. Sorry my memory card on my camera got full and we didn't get the shot on video. Also, my buddy was filming me and just missed getting the shot on my coyote. We are rookies to filming but hopefully we will get better. I will also be the first to admit that the shot I put on this deer was questionable. I will try and learn from my mistakes and not make a similar shot in the future. Fortunately, we found him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwYqnHrG_jQ

13. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My friend shot a big mature doe this morning with his shotgun on the farm in OH. I didn't make it up. He also said bucks were moving this afternoon but nothing mature.

14. whitetailjunky3

Dislikes Received:
    I saw 11 today 1 buck and rest does no shots but they were definitely moving this afternoon with it being opening day of gun I won't get back out till Friday afternoon probably

15. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Season has really sucked up here this year. Weather has been unseasonably warm. A lot of rain and wind. Just a crappy season. I have not been seeing much on the local forums up here. All my buddies are getting skunked. Yet everyone is getting pics of all kinds of deer. Maybe this warm weather is keeping them nocturnal I don't know. But by this time of year I should have at least a foot of snow already and should be averaging below freezing. I got green grass still.

16. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah It has been a rough year for me too. I have never had such a poor year for sightings and I am hunting 2 states.

17. whitetailjunky3

Dislikes Received:
    Same for me it's been rough even during gun season here in Ohio I haven't heard near the shots I usually do and am not hearing people get them but I'm not giving up yet

18. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One more week of PA rifle. I plan to get out with my bow at least once though. After this a past Saturday (first Saturday in the season) pressure usually drops off a little.

19. palmettoyounggun

palmettoyounggun Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Season has been fairly slow for me when I have gotten to go. I haven't gotten out as much as I would like due to classes and other things. I am finishing up final exams this week and next and have my last one next Tuesday. Since duck season is coming in for the second split this Saturday most of my mornings will be spent chasing feathers but I will be spending as many evenings as possible in the deer stand until the season goes out January 1st.

20. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    60 and 70 degree temps this weekend with high winds....pass. Looks like snow the end of next week, I hope to get up the OH then.