Steph Curry

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Dec 3, 2015.

1. janesburg

janesburg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was half joking calling him the most improved because an MVP probably wouldn't also be most improved. However since you brought up Wiggins. At this point Curry's stats are up in ALL offensive categories except assists. Wiggins is only up in ONE stat--points per game-- compared to last year.

2. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Stats aren't everything. It just seems like he gets the game more and is playing a lot better than last year. I don't know if you keep up with the Timberwolves since you're in Wisconsin and I'm not sure if you get FSN but if you get a chance to watch him you will see what I mean.

3. janesburg

janesburg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I get FSN. Can't watch the Timberwolves. I'm too busy watching the Bucks play horrible so far this season.

4. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya. Gotta root for the home team. It was painful to watch the wolves last year especially without Rubio even though I doubt they would have been much better.

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I wouldn't wanna live there, but I love visiting it. Business takes me there a couple times a year for a week and got a couple potential clients there, always good to visit.

6. Joey Rott

Joey Rott Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He's definitely showing he's one of the best ever, at this rate. His play has been unreal!

7. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  8. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So the Pacers scored 60 in the first half against Golden State last night......and were down by 19! That could be the best team I've ever seen.

9. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dude is a beast when it comes to basketball.

10. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Warriors are playing lights out, but it's all about being hot at the right time. Eventually they will have to be able to play defense. They can't always rely on outscoring their opponent. The Cavs came back from being down 19 last night too and did it as a team. I know that doesn't ring as nicely since they aren't undefeated but come playoff time they are going to be a tough team when they get all their players back and stay healthy. I'd love to see a rematch from last year. I know their record doesn't show it right now but when Irving and Shumpert get healthy they will have multiple people who can switch off with fresh legs and cover Curry. The fact that they would need to keep subbing with different people to cover him just shows how good Curry is. In last years Finals, Delli was able to hold Curry down for the first few games but got tired but if they stay healthy I'm curious to see how these teams match up.

11. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sidebar:
    Very glad you enjoyed your stay. Where all did you go? Indy has a ton of conferences/conventions since people can basically park their car (for free) and be at their conference for a week and never eat the same place twice and never have to drive.

The thing I find so fascinating about Steph Curry is the discussion versus Jordan. Jordan is still "king of the mountain". People instantly dismissed the Jordan vs. Kobe talk. People would not hear of the Jordan vs. Lebron. However, it seems like they're really open to hear Jordan vs. Steph.
    Not only is he one of the most exciting players to watch and is completely ungaurdable, but people like him for his off court antics. He comes across as a true family man, a REAL role model.

I can't wait to see the Warriors vs. Cavs. All the focus is on Steph, but Lebron is still putting up huge numbers. The NBA needed this season.

12. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Michael was a better all around player...Steph has him beat as a pure shooter though hands down for me.

13. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Going to take something really special to compare to MJ. He had such an impact on changing how the game is played. Kind of like what Tiger did for golf. Not sure Steph (or anyone) can have that much of a splash on their sport. Unbelievable game though.

14. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think anyone in any sport can have that kind of impact anymore as mainstream and revamped as sports already are. Tiger made golf cool for everyone, his impact on his sport is far beyond any other athlete in history. Lebron is probably the most physically gifted and talented person to ever touch a basketball if we are being honest with ourselves, but if he continues on his current trajectories some people won't even have him top 5 all time. Lebron is literally as if God was using the Create a Player on a video game... "let's make him 6'9" and muscled up/ripped to shreds. We will set all his skill levels at a 99, and make him just as fast as the tiny point guards. Give him PG handles, a 3 point touch, and the physicality of a small Shaq."...