***Official Catch 22 - Team 22 Thread!!****

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Battle734, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The team beating us is almost tagged out on bucks but they could do damage with does, either way we are in good shape. I've passed a couple 125-135" caliber deer recently. Starting to regret the 135" a little bit, its just not what I'm looking for but as the season goes on something may trip my trigger. Sitting here at work with a buck in my corn field right now that's a solid 120's (Covert cell cam). I'm hoping to run a few cameras in some new areas this week to try and round something a little better up. I really just want to find something 140" or better. Either way congrats to everyone and keep plugging away!

2. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys, I haven't been out. My retired partner took a turn for the worse. We found out Wednesday that the cancerous tumor on his leg had spread to his chest. We as a family made the difficult but easy decision to end his suffering today. RIP my faithful friend.

Attached Files:

3. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So sorry to hear that. Losing a great dog is one of the worst things. I know exactly what you're going through. Beautiful dog. Again, my condolences to your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that BowhuntMN, its never easy losing mans best friend. One of the greatest quotes I've heard is....
    "One of the greatest injustices man will ever have to suffer is that he must time and time again outlive his dog"

Personally don't think truer words have been spoken. I train dogs year round and know how tough it is. I actually just got back from WI bc I went to pick up another pup from a high end breeding. When your ready, get yourself another pup and start a new journey!

5. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  6. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No one will ever truly understand the special bond you had with your partner. I wish there were words to say that would help you through this time.
    You did for him what you knew was best for him.
    My thoughts are with you.

7. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So sorry MN....went thru similar situation with my retired partner in Sept. It sucks. It sucks bad & i still miss him just as much today as that horrible day in Sept. He had your back & you had his til the end. My condolences to you & your family brother.

8. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    For MN & his partner...Rest easy

Attached Files:

9. keepfallingup

keepfallingup Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I hunted opening day in Wisconsin here with my bow and to sum it up, it was bad. Saw one doe at 6:30am at 100 yards and that's it. Got blanked the rest of the day. Disappointing. Don't know how much more I'll be getting out. All the deer on our property have seemed to move on. Not much on the cameras to speak of. We will see.

10. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I so wish I had shot this one with a bow, but I took him with my 12g instead. He was 25 yards broadside to make it more miserable. image1.jpg image2.jpg image3.jpg

needless to say this buck could have easily put us back in the lead. Im on call all this week or I would be back in the same stand. I shot him at noon, so stay in those stands guys

11. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I let my cousin sit in my blind for gun season...he shot one of the biggest 7 pointers I've ever seen...happy for him. I ended up plugging a doe with my .280. Now to get Dad something! At least the freezer is nearly full! I'm feeling alot better about that finally!

12. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Deer from yesterday gun hunt

Attached Files:

13. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had a solid 130" 8pt coming in for several days straight at 3:45 in the evening and he wasn't what I was looking for so I put my grandpa on him. Cliff notes story...... setup 80 yards upwind at 2:30 knowing dang well he'd be dead by 4pm. Neighbors come driving back in their field and then start walking the creek bottom and blow him out bedded 75 yards from us!!! I was PI$$ED!!!! It would of been my grandfathers first buck and nice one to boot. Neighbors are from New York and aren't there a whole lot but it seems like when they are, they screw everything up!

14. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Must be the theme today...had my Dad set up in a great spot & at peak time the idiot self entitled guy on neighboring property decides to drive his utv down the fence line. Unfortunately he knows exactly what he is doing...a $$hole!

15. keepfallingup

keepfallingup Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thats super frustrating guys. Sorry to hear that. My dad and I will hopefully be heading up to gun hunt/check out a new property near Richland Center WI this Friday through Sunday. Its an area where we use to hunt then lost the property. It could be really awesome and may lead to bowhunting next year which I would be very excited about. We will see what it looks like.

16. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    I"m going to try like hell to sit in my 2 man stand next Wednesday.

17. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!
    I'll be back out this coming Sunday to try it again

18. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Back out in the bow stand! Fingers crossed for deer & no frost bite! ;)

19. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have been in my stand for about an hour and a half now and it's just starting to break day light.
    My stealth cam had a few pics of one good buck at this stand on the 25th hopefully he comes back to check his scrape today.
    Good luck everyone maybe I can at least add 50 points to the team score today.

20. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Michael. after having a 4 day weekend off work, but being on call and literally working all day long everyday. I'm now taking Wednesday off, with hopes of the chasing/Rut is still in affect. I'm going to sit in my 2 man stand where I took that beastly buck last weekend. The buck I had an encounter with a few weeks back wasn't the same buck I had shot, but regardless there are tons of big buck in my woods and I will sit all day with high hopes I get a chance to put some points on the board.