Stand advice needed

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mrjoshberry, Nov 19, 2015.

1. mrjoshberry

mrjoshberry Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am currently hunting a 115 acre tract of land, twice I have came out of the woods in the evening and spotted a heavy 10 roughly 200 yards back near the back corner of a field. I don't have a stand back there and I don't want to pressure him to the point where he never shows up again. Need some advice, should I hang a stand back there in that corner? Or should I take my climber back there (which can be kind of noisy)?

2. Matt Jensen

Matt Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would go in there around the 11 am, you shouldn't spook him out of there at that time. Just don't go to crazy if you start cutting branches. I've had it happen where I cut to much around a stand and it went dead there for a couple weeks.

3. mrjoshberry

mrjoshberry Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Go ahead and hang a stand or go in with the climber?

4. Matt Jensen

Matt Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you think you could hang a stand quickly and quietly do it. I personally don't like climbers, seems like I can never climb the tree I really want to.

5. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do have an idea of where he is entering the corner from? If so make sure the wind is right, he could be closer than you think. Like Matt said don't go nuts trimming. He'll notice that. You might stay within about 10-15 yds of the edge so you shoot to the corner if you don't get your stand in the perfect place. jmo, without seeing what your seeing.
    Good luck