***One-N-Done - Team #1***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by DucksUnlimitedHunter27, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe I passed him searching I'm going back with help to track because this is just a bunch of bad luck

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

2. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got my fingers crossed for you Jeff

3. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Well the best hunting season I've ever had turned out to be the worst in a sense I'm am beyond thankful to have been given the opportunity to try and harvest these animals. It's no secret that whitetail are among the toughest breed of deer walking the face of God's good earth because I didnt find a second trophy. First I loose what was probably a 120 class wide buck and I'm pretty sure yesterday mornings 6 point was every bit of 130 class or more complete stud never in my life have I saw a six point so big with the mass junk and everything he had and to get a second chance and not finish is very disappointing. I'm reevaluating my whole style of hunting because this is not how it's supposed to happen. Good luck to you all out there I may continue this year late season but with the baby coming any day we're on high alert anticipating his arrival so God bless you all and hope you guys have a great rest of season.

4. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    So sorry that you couldn't find the deer Jeff. It happens, I know people say that all the time and right now that doesn't mean a whole lot but know that I too have felt the frustration, anxiety and depression of what you are going through. Keep you chin up things will get better. One shot or even two does not define you as a person, it's just a bump in the road. It takes courage to put yourself out there and explain those shots and the recovery efforts and ultimately man up about not finding the deer. I admire your honesty and forthrightness, speaks a lot about your character.

5. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

DucksUnlimitedHunter27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been vacant for a while guys. Slammed every weekend it seems. Anyhow, I just got done moving this weekend, so I'm getting situated. I'll be in Kansas and Missouri hunting ducks this weekend, and back the following Friday-Sunday hunting deer at my property in KS. Really excited and nervous, as no one has been out there since turkey season in April.

6. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about your deer, Jeff. Is there anyway you can bring any dog out there to try to help you? It may help. Congratulations on the baby, I hope all is well.

I haven't been out but I'm trying to arrange some time off to hunt. This is the week!!!!

7. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    As far as I know tracking with dogs is illegal in my state very stupid law but illegal so I stay away from it but in situations like the ones I've been in the last two weeks they were much needed. Today was my last day searching for the big six and I'm moving on. Both upsets have taught me a great deal and it kinda haunts me but anyway you live and you learn. Best advice I can give to myself and any other hunter is to make damn sure you shot placement is an A plus. If it's not broadside or quartering away shot I probably never take the shot until that animals vitals are completely exposed and will always leave room for error I've been a very lucky hunter in the past but I've definitely gotten beside myself. I had and opportunity to harvest 2 of the biggest bucks I've ever put in my sights I can admit the first time I was a Lil shook up the second opportunity I was very comfortable and had plenty of time but should have waited even longer for a more open look at the vitals which ultimately cost me my deer and my trophies. Everything happens for a reason and im just glad I was there to experience it.

8. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welp. G280 died tonight but not killed by me, another guy on our lease killed him. So goes it, my development as a hunter continues.

I'm happy for the guy I know (and know fairly well) who killed this deer less than a quarter mile from where I have been hunting him. Also, I'm pretty upset by it. RIP G280

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  9. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    That is an awesome looking deer. Congrats to the happy hunter. Least you had an opportunity to chase something that big. Some never even live in the same state that a brute like that is in. Keep after is twitch and it'll happen.

10. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that's an awesome deer!

11. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Not my place to put him on internet blast. [​IMG]

12. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    That is a brute. Any idea what he scored after getting him on the ground. Looks over 170 to me. A giant for sure.

13. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    No I will find out shortly general consensus before he was killed is that he'd push 190. I don't think that will be the case though. I really don't have any desire to see this deer in person right now.

14. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck for sure definitely blows it wasn't you behind him but congrats to the hunter twitch can't say I know how you you feel because you had just as much opportunity as anybody to arrow him but hey look at it on the bright side. At this point he probably has bred a good helping of does and one day there will be another chance a a great buck like that. Anything is possible in the Rut.

15. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading to the stand here shortly fellas gonna see what happens this evening!!!

16. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Dying to get back and hunt... Saturday morning putting out corn all over the property in KS then hoping in a stand for the afternoon. Hunting Saturday afternoon, all day Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and then go from there if needed. Might mix it up and hunt a new stand.....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

17. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Im hunting. It's windy.

Only second time I've hunted since G280... Mostly because I've been busy as heck, partly because it sucks! Lol But it's not really that deep I'm just throwing a pity party for one

18. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading out in the a.m. before work good luck to everybody those weekend it shud be a gud one with the cold snap an all

19. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Just got to Kansas and got my buck tag. Headed out for an all day sit tomorrow, will be a windy one early. Gonna stick it out. Snow in Iowa when I left. Excited to be on the property. Will update with more details tomorrow in the stand.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

20. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck all this weekend and be safe.