Plot Fail?

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by bossbucks25, Nov 10, 2015.

1. bossbucks25

bossbucks25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I planted a food plot late summer, and in the beginning it was looking great. It was a mixture of radishes, turnips, and kale. I checked it some time ago and it was starting to change color and wilt a little. It was still making turnips and radishes which are huge. Now there is absolutely no forage from the remaining greens as they have dried up like a leaf in late fall. I have planted this stuff before and have never had this happen. Has this happened to anyone before, if so what may have caused it? Thanks.

2. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure, but there is a fungus that can give brassica a hard time if planted every year in the same place. I'm not real familiar with it. It is just something that I have read about. Hope you get a better answer than mine on it that explains it better.

3. Daryl Bell

Daryl Bell Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The weather this year could have played a factor. Did you get more or less rain fall than normal? Also, was it hotter than normall?I know we have had very warm temps this year compared to years past.

4. bossbucks25

bossbucks25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We have had warm temps, above normal. When I first planted the plot we got great rain fall, but it did die off a little.

5. jd4055

jd4055 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My plot kind of did the same thing. It took a hit once the rain turned on but it came back since we dried up a bit in the fall.