Last day for Fall Archery season for most in PA

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by NateJR_PABOWHUNTING, Nov 14, 2015.

1. NateJR_PABOWHUNTING

NateJR_PABOWHUNTING Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Who's going to sit through this Frigidity, windy day in Pennsylvania? Looks like where I'm at we're looking at the upper 30s for lows and mid 40s for highs of the day with 10-20 MPH winds coming out of the WSW. It's not the ideal wind for my favorite spot to hunt, but I figured it's worth a shot. I don't normally use any scents and try to stay as scentless as possible, but today I'm going to use the Tinks #69 Gel "Doe in Rut" (it's suppose to be more effective and long lasting in windy conditions than the tradition Tinks #69, plus I don't have to worry about carrying around the scent wicks) just to see if it will help cover my scent and hope to attract and possibly fool the nose of a good mature deer.

So good luck to those Pennsylvania hunters out there and good luck on fighting the elements. I think the deer will be moving good today with the past few days being extremely rainy and yesterday being the most blustery day of the year. The key for today for me is to try and fool the noses of the deer and hopefully draw in deer from longer ranges with tinks #69.

2. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck brother! Wish I was in the woods with you, Im at work. Expecting to see some deer end up in freezer bags today!

3. Bowhunter717

Bowhunter717 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Screenshot_2015-11-13-15-24-54_1.jpg Shot this 8 point on public land yesterday morning in 5A

4. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    congrats !

we had bucks running crazy all week in the high winds, but couldn't close the deal :(
    today was colder with less wind and they moved late.
    I had a high 4 point come under me, my buddy had something bigger in a thicket tearing up some trees but would not come out
    to follow the does he was with, he'll have to go rifle hunt.
    they moved later today than the windy days ?

good thing I shot one first week :)

5. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was out for the NY southern Zone last day of archery alone on Friday. Saturday starts muzzleloader with bow and gun next week. Sign all over the place, but no sign of those bucks. Didn't see any does either. Oh well. Brand new land to hunt next week with gun that has gone untouched!!! Can't wait. 250 acres of farmland await.