***Button Buck Bandits - Team 25***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Aug 16, 2015.

1. choppernut

choppernut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, the deer have been ghosts (nonexistent) for awhile now at my main stand and I got permission for a new place that is 50 acres and has a private pond on the property. The land owner said he has seen a nice 10 point out here right before dark. I had a small 6 point run in the field in front of me at about 80 yards and he was cookin!!!! Hopefully something will shake up tonight!! Here is a pic of what my view is. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Finally getting out again. Revived a little optimism for home stands with finally getting some bucks on cam again after a few weeks. When I was in sick a few Friday's back at just after 9:00pm I heard a handful of rifle shots and figured some of the local "hunters" were up to their usual "freezer hunts". Hadn't had a deer period on that side of the field til does the other day and other cam only had few does til now. My biggest showed back up chasing some does a few times and one antler pic of him into morning light one day. Just knowing he's around for a chance feels good again. Not optimistic to get him but better than being confident the only buck on the property is one horny spike.

Today heading out to the state land with a buddy. Had cams there for last two weeks. First week had some, this week good fresh rubs and scrapes and few real nice pics. I'm sending an arrow if valid chance.
    Here's best three bucks i got pics of. They were close to morning and last light, within an hour or two, so hopefully they're up and chasing during light
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Art!

4. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had an exciting sit, that turned out to only be a 1/4" poplar twig from being truly awesome...
    [​IMG]
    Got set at 10:00. 10:30 heard some soft blows and running. Doe came in a 180 from where I was planning. I turned and she went past at 20 yards. Heard grunting and buck coming chasing behind. Huge body but with trees never got a look at rack, he turned early and never got to a lane. I was drawn seeing him coming but he was one or two steps shy of where I could get a shot. Two min later more grunts and approaching. Nice 8 point. I had a very tight window to get a shot at 25 yards. He made it to there and was quartering away and I glanced off a twig and splintered on the tree next to him. He didn't completely blow and bust out of there but left at a good pace. Heard two more come within 100 yards or so little later but couldn't see. Obviously I wish I came through, but it was a fun sit on a beautiful day and scouting and plans came together just right short of the kill shot. I may try for one more sit there before rifle starts Saturday. Probably won't sit there during rifle since its public land and probably gets hammered but we'll see. Could be good for late season too

5. bornfromthecorn

bornfromthecorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To bad that twig got in the way! That sounds like a great day on stand though.

Also, congrats on the deer CT!

6. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading out this weekend to hunt the big buck country of western part of Wisconsin. But I will be looking to get a doe since my buck tag is filled. My brother, his wife, daughter, and son will be out there at our parents place. It would be pretty cool to be part of a kill with the kids. You better believe I will be letting them have the best stands and help out the best I can. Those of you that will be out good luck and stay after it.

7. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    good luck

8. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Well my nephew shot a buck late evening yesterday so he is waiting until this morning to find him. They did look for a bit but didn't want to push him.

9. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hope the search goes well today Peakrut. Glad to hear he got a shot. Looking forward to some pics. I'm hoping to get out today after a dr appointment for at least a few hours or til dark. Friday too. Might grab a rifle tag and get out with the wife some but not sure. That will only be for few sits with her if I do and still gonna get out with the bow. Should be good for Saturday and a few days next week hopefully.
    Good luck as usual to you guys too. Hopefully with the deer chasing we can add a few more

10. nhbowhunt

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    so I can not draw my bow but with the help of my son we can run a trap line this was the first day check

11. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Happy Birthday Fitz! Enjoy your day!!! :nana:

12. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks buddy! Rain forecasted all day today, so I probably won't hunt today. Might go hang a stand though. :tu:

13. choppernut

Dislikes Received:
    HBD Captain!!!

14. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    NH that's an awesome catch. Someday I'm hoping to get into trapping too. Was planning this year with a friend but too many things killed that dream.

Happy b day Mike. Tomorrow looks like some good potential after today's weather. Hopefully it pays off.

15. nhbowhunt

Dislikes Received:
    happy birthday fitz

16. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Happy birthday Fitz

17. CToutdoorsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good morning guys! i went out this morning and was gunna shoot a doe but they were run off by coyote i called him in and the rest is history except i got it on film!! so once it is uploaded i will share the link! :bow:

18. choppernut

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome CT!! Can't wait to see you smoke that devil dog!!!

19. CToutdoorsman

Dislikes Received:
  20. nhbowhunt

Dislikes Received:
    nice coyote nice shot