Go royals!!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rednas5, Oct 13, 2015.

1. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    More like 800k! It was crazy to say the least. Now on to the offseason. I have a feeling they try to make Alex Gordon a lifelong Royal and try to find a way to make Zobrist an offer as well. Both will be expensive but with Gordon saying he wants to stay in KC I hope he gives us a hometown discount that gives us the freedom to go after some more starting pitching.

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Surely Gordon will stay put, for pete sake what's he make now like 13mln? You'd think there would be a point where being rich from playing a game would be enough especially if you're on a world series winning team that's young and get along well.

3. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't agree more covey! I hate to see teams with great chemistry that just won a championship fall apart the next season when the roster gets changed due to guys chasing dollar bills. The sad part is that a lot of the guys that chase the dollars end up on crappy teams, no hope of reaching the playoffs, and their once starlit career fades off into the abyss. I don't want that to happen to any of the royals. I.E. Billy Butler last season. He wasn't the greatest, but the fans of KC loved him at the plate and on occasion he could get it done. What's he doing in Oakland now besides making a lil more money? Not much, and he sure as heck isn't getting fitted for a championship ring.

4. Joey Rott

Joey Rott Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, pretty crazy. Early reports were 350K, now they're 800K. Pretty incredible to have that kind of turnout. The city was ready for it!

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hope so, but Reports are that the Cubs have a blank check sitting on the table with Alex Gordon's name on it. I hope the Royals can resign him, but I really want the Royals to retain Zobrist. He was such a catalyst for the team once he got here. He's a perfect fit for what this team does.

They they have to make a decision on Alex Rios. He was not good at all in the regular season, probably due to his hand injury and then the Chicken Pox, but he played really well in the Post season(aside from not knowing how many outs one time). I trust that Datyon Moore will make the right decisions and we will continue to be an extremely competitive team for years to come.

6. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I just heard reported that they declined the options for Rios and one other player.

7. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guthrie...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

8. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, thanks, I couldn't remember the second one and was too lazy to look it up. :lol:

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think either was a surprise. Guthrie is pretty much all used up and at the end of his career. He was a great Royal and will probably go down as one of the better trades Dayton Moore made. He was a very good and serviceable started for quite a while, and we traded Johnathan Sanchez who was just absolutely horrible for the Royals and I believe has been out of baseball for a while now. Huge win for the Royals there.
    Rios was going to cost too much for the production and I think they already planned on replacing him. Possibly with a platoon with Johnny Gomes and Paulo Orlando. Both are serviceable players.