Go royals!!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rednas5, Oct 13, 2015.

1. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Damn...what a game. That was just awesome.

2. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it was Covey, yes it was!

3. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad the royals pulled it off!!

4. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This team is AMAZING!!!!!! There's no quit. From top to bottom, the lineup will get the job done. There just wasn't any holes in it. The starting pitching didn't really ever get any love from the media, but they matched the Mets almost pitch for pitch. The bullpin was awesome as usual. They are just a really, really tough out. It also didn't hurt that the Mets seemed to choke at the most inopportune time for them, but part of that is the extreme pressure the Royals continue to put on the other teams defense.

It's great to finally have a Championship back in Kansas City.

6. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Haha, yeah it's kinda like watching someone pile straws one by one on a camels back.

7. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Ya know, when Hosmer decided to see if they could make a good throw at the plate to get him, the Mets just had to think, OH NO!!! Here we go again!!! :violin:

8. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    If he makes a good throw. Hosmer would have been out by two or three steps. For as much discussion around Gordon not going home in game 7 last year, Hosmer showed us why you send him. Force the defense to make a play.

9. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    By the way, there were so many Bill Buckner references about Hosmer in game 3 by the Fox crew when he booted the ball to give up the go ahead run, they never used that reference on Murphy, even though he had at least two extremely costly errors in games 4 and 5. the argument could be that the Mets would have won both those games had he not made the errors and we would be sitting down 3 games to 2 right now.

10. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I've never understood why so many in the media show such disrespect to the Royals. They've been praising them post series but before they won, all I ever heard was everything from multitudes of strategies of how whatever given team at the time could beat them, how this pitcher or that can't throw hard, how goofy it was that some guys hit the first pitch, yadda yadda yadda. It's pretty gross.

11. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Joe Buck was terrible in both the ALCS and the WS. It wasn't necessarily what he said but how he said it. You could just tell be his voice inflections that he was so excited when their opponent did something good, but when the Royals did something, he just announced in a monotone voice with no excitement or energy. Harold Reynolds was just as bad. It's really a shame that the fans of Kansas City couldn't even really enjoy the game because of how one sided and irritating the announcing crew was. They really should offer the option to listen to your team broadcasters. You know the same ones we get to listen to for 162 games a year, guys who actually know the team, their abilities and their tendencies. Not some jack wagons that probably never watched a single regular season Royals game.

12. joe_bow

joe_bow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    love my royals. grew up by the stadium and spent my whole life seeing how bad they were. what a great world series victory!!!

as for Joe Buck - here is my way around it, the MLB app allows you to listen to the radio broadcast in KC. If you really like baseball, the premium membership is 1/2 off on fathersday week. but there are blackout restrictions. i live in ny now though, so none for me.

Go Royals!!!!!!!!!!

13. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last year was heartbreaking to lose in game 7 of the WS after having such a phenomenal post season. The fact that they made it back to the WS this year and won is impressive. It shows the resolve and drive of these guys. Not only are the royals really really good, but I love how gritty they are. I honestly can't think of a baseball team who can fight their way back late in the game and pull out a win like these guys. They're clutch at the plate, they've got great defense. Truly a fun and talented baseball team to watch. I hope they can keep all the personnel from this season on the roster for next year. Look out MLB, seems like these dudes are here to stay.

14. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    HECK YES!!!! I thought that last year and still think that way. People think the pressure is on the runner when it is actually on the defense to make the play. The saying "Speed Kills" is the truth. Not that Hosmer is lighting it up on the base paths but he can get around them pretty well.

15. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    I totally agree. It was terrible how obvious it was that Joe Buck pulled for the Mets and just announced the Royals. If that wasn't enough the NBC Nightly News didn't even mention the World Series. Seriously? One of the best Series I've ever watched. All but one of the 5 games were close the entire way. As a baseball player and baseball enthusiast how could you not have loved this series. As bad as I hate to say it you could've just turned over to watch from the 7th inning on and seen all you needed to see.

World Champion Royals!! I like the sound of that.

16. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    To stick with your point Jeff. I'm not sure if it was Tom, Harold, or Joe said last night, the Mets are looking for a homerun to score a run while the Royals are just looking for a base runner to get on to score.

17. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. Those guys are fun to watch. They play all 27 outs the way it should be played. And they play it with the enthusiasm like a little league team. Nice to see.

18. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very fun team. I've been a lifelong Royals fan and I got my family into them this year. We traveled from 2 states over to watch them play the Jays back in July. My wife and daughter love Hosmer and my son is a huge Gordon fan.

Where MLB is really screwing up is when these great World Series moments happen, like Gordon's home run and Hosmer's stolen base, the family has been in bed for 2 or 3 hours.

And they wonder why our youth doesn't gravitate to baseball anymore.

19. Ruff

Ruff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go Brewers! LOL, As a Brewer fan I can take some pride in the fact a bunch of the guys on Royals were Brewers at one time. Gotta thank our GM Melvin for gutting the team and then quitting. Congrats to the team and fans!

20. Joey Rott

Joey Rott Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Crazy Day in KC today. Over 300K at the parade. Wish I could of made it, but have plenty of friends and family sending pics