Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Berwickbuckmaster, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What's everybody seeing? Hunting, trail cams, spotting at night? Rutting activity starting to heat up? Working till friday then my season gets started. But my trail cams haven't been very exciting the past two weeks. Hoping friday tells a different story. Cold front moving in for the weekend and it being halloween gets me pumped!! Good luck everyone!

2. Jimi

Jimi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in southwest PA and I've seen a bunch of small bucks chasing this past week and 2 very nice mature deer chasing too. I think Halloween is gonna throw it into full swing around here. Seeing tons of scrapes and runs too. Good luck this weekend man!!

3. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Same here (Tunkhannock area) ...small bucks starting to chase. They killed 2 small bucks tonight ( a 7 and an 8) on the farm I hunt. another week or so should be great hunting.

4. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mr. O I'm not too far from you brother. Just a short drive down to Berwick! Anyway thanks for the litttle bit of info fellas, and good luck!!

5. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in SW Pa also, yesterday morning had a young buck bumping a doe around and have a few good bucks checking scrapes in the evening before dark on trail cams, a lot of activity at the one scrape hr before daylight and an hr after both mature and young bucks and does.

6. NateJR_PABOWHUNTING

NateJR_PABOWHUNTING Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in Columbia County, Orangeville/Greenwood township.. Seeing a lot of rut activity as far as scrapes and rubs go. Still only seen younger buck really working scrapes and chasing during daylight hours though. I have a good feeling about the cold front coming in this weekend, it should really kick the rut into full swing.

7. Jimi

Jimi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    MFDC1282.jpg Had this guy on the camera the second saturday of the season. Of course I wasn't there :(

MFDC1804.jpg MFDC2056.jpg These two showed up within the past week at a scrape I just put the camera over. Plus I have a few spikes, a 4 point and a small 7 on camera which is the most bucks i've ever had on camera! Hopefully these last weeks will end good for me :D

8. Jimi

Jimi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a whole bunch of pictures of the big boy. He showed up at midnight on the 25th, then came back at 7 a.m on the 25th, and then 8 p.m on the 25th. He hasn't been back yet so i'm hoping to catch him about 7:30 a.m on one of these upcoming days hopefully :D

9. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mature buck cruising on my camera in York County (south central PA)

10. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Jim Thorpe area. Seeing a bunch of daylight activity in the am and late afternoon. No scrapes, not many rubs. Cameras show they are moving now and vulnerable...just not buck stupid yet.

Dallas area. Seeing bucks chasing does on camera at night and day break. Community scraps getting hit.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  11. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    heating up here in SW Pa.
    bout 5:45pm, big buck hot on the tail of a mature doe heading up a bank, shoulda passed to my left @ 30 yards
    but she turned back down about 40 yards to soon :(
    I grunted 3 times and @ each he'd stop and look real hard up the bank at me, when they stopped in a small thick spot
    I rattled, he whipped around and took 2 steps my direction, his girlfreind had other ideas though and he followed.
    I'll be 100 yards down further monday

12. stewdawg

stewdawg Newb

Dislikes Received:
    In the land between North Delaware and SE PA
    Im, down on the border between SE PA and Northern Delaware and definitely seeing activity around our feeder all times of the day. Had a mature 8, a small 6 amd a spiker come on behind my stand Halloween morning. Id say this week we will be seeing chasing in my parts.

13. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    man, soooooo close tonight.
    had a few doe out in a food plot, they entered 40 yards below my buddy, who was 60 from me.
    look out into feild and a real giant is standing @ 80 yards, quatering to him.
    my time to shine, grab the grunt and rattle bag and hit a light sequence, he looks and starts coming
    only to veer off right before entering the woodline and heads for the does, he looked back again at a few doe bleats, then follows them down into the thicket :(
    my buddy was so shook up his texts were unreadable, LOL
    he says it had multiple drop tines hanging down off both sides, I didn't look hard at the antlers as I scrambled to coax him in.
    we can't figure out where he came from, it's like he just materialized outta nowhere ?
    we'll be in there well before light in the AM, and might just camp out in them trees until season close on saturday :)

14. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    almost forgot, this was mondays hunt at the same spot brutus showed up today.
    I'm 30 yards from 2 scrapes in a crab apple thicket, and added some local estrous to them on my way in.
    these 2 little bucks musta liked it
    @ 4:30 the spike standing on his hind legs in scrape #1, then doing a 360 on his way outta scrape # 2 was comical :)
    video'd with my moto-x cellphone

https://youtu.be/LuD5RbgKAZo

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015