Possibly a first for Wisconsin!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jd4055, Oct 31, 2015.

1. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice I thought we as hunters were supposed to be stewards of the outdoors? Let's just kill everything that looks like a deer even if its the only one here. Sounds like a selfish doosh move to me.

2. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You seriously think Wisconsin is capable of having a sustainable population of mule deer?

3. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    I never thought about it but why kill the only one here? It wasn't even a good one but even if it was why kill the only one. This guy is worse then the dentist that killed Cecil in my eye

4. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Must be a good guy then because all the dentist did was kill a lion he had permits to kill.

5. TheRiverBottom

TheRiverBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I probably would not have shot since I'm sure I would not have known if was legal or not. Just thinking if I was to see something out of the ordinary like that. Something like an elk that had wandered to south central VA from the Appalachias.

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The guy used a legal tag to kill a legal animal, in a state he has probably paid taxes in his entire life. I don't understand the problem. If it is the "only" mule deer then it isn't reproducing and or the population is so low it is not sustainable.

7. MOGC

MOGC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If Wisconsin was going to have a mule deer population they probably would have had one some time ago. This little feller would be a poor start and since another one hasn't turned up in modern history...? It's a safe bet tagging this little buck isn't gonna hold up the program.

And I have news for you... That doesn't just look like a deer - it is one. And it's deer season, taken in fair chase, legally tagged. If the state has a problem with it, then this guy will pay for it. Otherwise, no problem because it certainly isn't the only deer in the state.

And the reference about the Dentist that legally killed the lion in Africa really highlights your ignorance about the subject. Get over yourself... The only douchbaggery exhibited on this thread has been by you.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  8. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    Nobody can answer the question why kill the only one? The only reason he killed it is because he could brag about it. The ******baggery as you put it is a valid opinion. The Cecil reference was referenced because PETA started that over a lion if they get a hold of this it all puts us in a bad light if if you guys can't see that then just keep the blinders on.

9. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    Answer this why shoot it? This has nothing to do with being legal or paying taxes, so mule deer aren't welcome in the state? Why do we need to shoot some that is rare? Stroke are ego oh look at me I shot the only mule deer in Wisconsin I'm a great hunter. This is my opinion and I respect yours I just don't see a good reason to kill this deer.

10. jd4055

jd4055 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No where did this guy claim to be better hunter than you because he shot a mule deer in wisconsin. You don't like it so be it, I don't think he cares what you have to think. In fact, I'm positive he doesn't. He did it because it was a trophy to him and he has the right. Get over it man, join PETA if you wanna stand up for the mule deer of wisconsin lol

11. fox hollow 2

fox hollow 2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Providing food for himself, as well as his family is not a good reason to shoot this deer?

12. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah if there was no other deer in the woods fine but you know as well as I do he targeted this deer.

13. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's a trophy in itself

14. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What are your thoughts on shooting an albino buck where legal?

Just another deer or do they fall into the "rare" category, should be off limits, and are there strictly there for hunters to stroke their ego?

15. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How would you know? My husband and I scouted woods and had "hit list" bucks. But, his work cut into his hunting time and he made the option to kill the first legal deer. He shot a small racked 8 point. Why? Because we needed meat in the freezer and it was legal. Yeah, could have waited a year or two - but eating is better than starving.

If the DNR doesn't have a problem with it, no reason you should have your panties in a bunch either. It's a deer.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The guy took out a non native invasive specie, applaud his effort.

17. Matt Jensen

Matt Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why not shoot it? That deer just happened to wander over from Western Minnesota probably. Mule deer are not native to wisconsin, you bet your rear if I saw that by me I would shoot it in a heartbeat. Even if it was a small one, more of a trophy to me than a shooter whitetail because of how rare it is.

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A trophy is a trophy and I think most of us would admit to being trophy hunters. We hold out for bigger bucks because we want the trophy, not because we want the meat. The meat is secondary for most of us and we can always shoot a doe to fill the freezer if we need. An albino or piebald is a trophy and a good number of us would shoot that for the trophy. It doesn't really matter what it is, we are all chasing that "rare'' trophy, be it a mature buck, albino, piebald, antlered doe, or whatever it is. If he legally tagged it, then there's really no issue, infact the DNR usually takes a pretty strong approach to eliminating non-native species.

19. FLTXILduck

FLTXILduck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man...between fits of sarcastic laughter, I find myself trying to figure out whether your head-scratcher posts are serious or whether you are just trolling. Only thing I can seem to figure out from them is you certainly must not be a deer hunter because I never did see a 'congratulations' on an awesome animal to the hunter.

20. Nissen121523

Nissen121523 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bunch of bickering girls around here.