***Official Catch 22 - Team 22 Thread!!****

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Battle734, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out for a evening hunt tonight! Not really expecting anything to happen but I can't kill them at work haha wish me luck ... Hopefully one of these days ill have some antlers to show you all!

2. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Most Important part of the hunt is the memories! And here is my most current view! Good luck everyone!

Attached Files:

3. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No deer tonight.... Had another hunter walk right through my setup at 6:30 which is prime time! Hopefully Saturday is better !

4. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I FELL YOUR PAIN. I had the property owner drive thru on a atv. I know its his property, but it would be nice to have a quiet night

5. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing seen on my end but that's just because the deer didn't cooperate. Full moon screwing up the hunt! Nothing worse than people coming through the area during a sit!

6. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    hey Team, I've been a ghost of sorts this year. I've been so busy with everything possible, but that time is passing fast. After this weekend (Halloween). I'll be hitting the woods for the 1st time this year. I'm curious how my first ascend to my favorite spot will be. Normally my co-hunter and I mow down all the tall weeds and undergrowth on the overgrown trails, but this year we decided to return to our 1st year of hunting the ground ignorant of our surroundings, but aware all the deer. I have a bad feeling the walk in will be nothing but discouraging. Nevertheless, I'll be heading out either Wednesday or Thursday followed by another sit on Saturday. I'm hopeful to complete my board points in these upcoming sit's. the "Favorite spot" is fruitful to say the least. I haven't even put up a camera this year, for I simply didn't want to spoil the area.

7. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :(:(:(:(:( I went into my area and discovered that my climbing tree stand was stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then on top of that didn't see any deer. then walking out, got to the field edge and was almost run over by a doe. She was 3 yards before she turned away!!!!!!!!

8. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ive been doing a lot of glassing lately and running cams, slowly the bucks are starting to show up but nothing that really sparks my interest. I had a real nice 120-125" 10 pt in my backyard 2 nights ago running 6 does around but he's not anything I would kill. He'll be a dandy if he can make it another year or two. Hopefully this rainy weather front pushing through will snap off some movement and have the big guys opening scrapes back up and getting newcomers to check new areas out. Need a high pressure system to roll in and then the big guys will start moving. Word has it a high 200" possible right at 300" fair chase whitetail was taken in central Ohio yesterday. I've seen pics but want to wait til I hear more.

9. keepfallingup

keepfallingup Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have tomorrow Friday and Monday off. Hunting all days except Sunday. So I'm pretty excited. Haven't been in the woods in two weeks. Going to check the cams tomorrow as well. Hope to see bucks in daylight!

10. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Happened past property that I used to lease. ..two days in a row there were three HUGE bucks standing in the Prairie at the edge of the woodline...what a sight!

11. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great day to be in the woods today, that being said I didn't see a thing

12. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Tried for a slickhead last night...i think everyone on surrounding properties decided to shoot their rifles last night. Didn't think I would see anything & as I was thinking about packing myself out of the tree, two does walking out of the woods & directly across the field I was sitting on. Closest range...70 yards...and of course it's raining today & i have to go to Chicago tomorrow...sigh

13. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Crazy hunt today. Saw nothing till around 6:10. Had a doe run across the field about 50 yards in front of me. About 5 minutes later this nice 8 point (120ish) I've seen all summer came running after her with his head to the ground. I grunted twice and he picked his head up and started heading towards me. He stopped at 30 yards head on. I was at full draw for close to a minute just waiting for him to turn broadside. He never did and just ran off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Exciting! And yet I've been there myself & know how disappointed I have been too in similar situations. ...better luck next sit

15. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah. Incredibly disappointing but I'll be back at it tomorrow morning

16. Battle734

Battle734 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fingers crossed team! Just made what looked to be a good shot on a nice buck!! Giving him a little time while I wait for friend to show up. Looked like good blood at impact!

17. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome dude. Saw two bucks today chasing and neither gave me a shot. Just can't get a break.

18. keepfallingup

keepfallingup Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice job battle! Cant wait to see him. Ive hunted morning and evening Thursday through Saturday with no shooter sightings. I did have a first for me though. I heard grunting. Never heard a buck do that before. But I haven't seen much rut activity the last four seasons that Ive been bowhunting so I was pretty pumped. Going out tomorrow and then moving a stand for next weekend. We have seen a huge influx of bucks on our cameras. We only had one shooter two weeks ago and now we have 5 plus. Atleast for me :) So hoping to see one of those guys around my stand at some point!!!

19. Battle734

Battle734 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went 75 yards and tumbled double lung at 15 yards! Haven't scored him yet. Will get that done tomorrow. I will also share full story.

20. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome buck! Congrats!