Mn Reports

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Frydaddy, Oct 8, 2015.

1. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Going to try sneaking out of work early to get out this afternoon too.

Havent been to the property since last weekend but I know they were chopping some of the corn!

2. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

3. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Had a small buck on his feet at 4:30 yesterday. Had 2 does come in 5 minutes before last shooting light - Buck was behind them grunting away but never came in before I ran out of light.

4. Frydaddy

Frydaddy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Getting back in the stand tonite. Had to work alot this week, and wish I could've been out yesterday after the wind laid down. Any recent reports? What's everyone's pLan for the next week and this weekend?

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A lul later this week could have been the 2" of rain and high winds but I think it is ready to bust open the forcast and temps are not going to alter the activity the deer will move morning and night.

6. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    Hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon and have something to report. Busy working on fence yesterday and today and saw a few does running through pasture. Couldn't tell from where we were if there were any bucks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

7. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Buck all over my cams all of a sudden. My dad saw a nice once pushing a doe.

8. Trevor TFO

Trevor TFO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In the tree in Ripley right now.. Seen an absolute monster 8 push a doe 20 yards past me but I couldn't get him to stop for a shot.

9. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    Scouted this morning and had one of my shooters hanging out in a bean field. Watched for about an hour. About five minutes in, my new number one, probably 130" that I've never seen came out. Ran the little buck off once is all. Man it was a beautiful symmetrical 8. Watched a few does running around too but nothing chasing them yet.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

10. AdamC

AdamC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was in the stand this morning no action whatsoever. It could of had something to do with the bright sky last night at 4am I could of read a newspaper outside.

11. ccspinners

ccspinners Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was out Thursday Friday and yesterday morning, it was slow. I saw one little spike... Nothing seemed to be moving, even on our drive to and from property. Usually you need one foot on the break... What we did have on our cams was mostly night movement. I think the wind killed us.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty active last night, saw a spike chasing and grunting had a nice buck chase a doe into the plot. Will see how the weather influences the deer this week but it is on the chase phase.

13. ccspinners

ccspinners Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear.....sounds like I should have stuck out for the evening.... I'm off Wednesday and Thursday this week.. Can't wait to get back out!

14. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    Checked my camera tonight in the location I plan to hunt all day Friday. Had a shooter come through yesterday morning at 8am. Also had a huge buck I saw for the first time through binos scouting Sunday morning come through the same morning at about 4am.

Buddy text me about 330 this afternoon that he missed a 120" buck. Fast forward to about an hour ago and he called me and said he missed an even bigger, roughly 140" buck. I don't know what his deal is, whether it's nerves or something out of whack with his equipment but bummer. Both within 25 yards.

He said he saw 6 bucks and at least half of them were chasing does around and nose to the ground. Thursday/Friday could be good after the cool down and rain.

15. PCO50

PCO50 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a Buck with a doe in an open field this morning on my way to work. I can only assume he was chasing her and they stopped for some reason out there. Made me wish I wasn't going to work but in a Stand.

16. ccspinners

ccspinners Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pumped! Off tomorrow and Thursday. Everyone at work is telling me about deer in the yard and bucks, etc....

17. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its in full swing now. We've seen buck chasing and tending does all week.

18. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely in full swing here in central MN.

Our hit list buck was chasing does from 7:30-9:30 yesterday morning (wouldn't leave the does and was at 75yds). Brother said he saw 9 bucks on their feet.

19. Trevor TFO

Trevor TFO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went out last night and seen two of my hit listers chasing does around the creek bottom all night. School had a late start this morning due to teacher meetings, I could have slept in but decided to head back into the same stand on the creek bottom. Shortly after day light i let out a series of grunts. Heard a grunt and a deer jump the creek to my South, then heard something coming to my west.. turned and looked and it was a nice 10 or 11 point coming right in.. he started going left so i grunted quietly and it was enough to bring him into about 15 yards. Drew back and he stopped behind a tree working a scrape so i was drawn back for roughly 2 minutes.. he walked out and sailed one right over his back. Warm temps arent affecting the rutting activity at all!! Gotta love November!!:evilgrin:

20. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    Anything new guys?

Hunted all day Saturday and only saw 10 does. Think it's time for me to take one and be done for the season.