Scent-lok Cold Gear?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ctrupp, Oct 31, 2015.

1. ctrupp

ctrupp Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What is the warmest outer layer of Scent-Lok's cold gear? I have the Full Season Velocity, but I am wondering what is the warmest of the cold season Scent-Lok gear? Thanks for the help.

2. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have some timberFlece. I don't know if it is their warmest, but it is the warmest I have, and warmer than my full season stuff.

3. AdamC

AdamC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In my opinion none of it is warm enough for late season MN I wear the cabelas whitetail extreme I think thats what its called and I stay warm in wind with temps at 0 degrees F and below. I think the cammando series in scent lok is the warmest

4. Youngwet22

Youngwet22 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i agree nothing of scent lok is really suitable for cold weather in my opion

5. jdhaines32

jdhaines32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I recently talked to a rep at Scent Lok about this exact question. There warmest suit is the Waterproof Insulated jacket and pants. Both have 100 grams of insulation but they were not able to tell me what kind of insulation it was. The warmest non insulated suit they said would be the Recon Thermal jacket and pants because of the Sherpa fleece lining followed by the Covert Deluxe windproof fleece. These two are listed at below 40 degrees but they said they aren't made for much lower without layering and are not intended for sub zero temps that some areas have. The older Thundertek Cyclone parka and bibs had 150 grams of Thinsulate in them, so maybe you could find them online somewhere if your looking for real warm.

6. ruteger

ruteger Guest

I was looking at the whitetail extreme the past couple of days, but was wondering if it was quiet enough for bowhunting. How do you feel about it in that regard?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
  7. TheRiverBottom

TheRiverBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Scentlok Vortext jacket. It is windproof. On its on, it is thin but surprisingly warm because of the windproof. Warm and cold are relative. So, far used in temps down to mid 30s comforably. This jacket does not have any insulation value. For cutting wind it is great.