why Lone wolf?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cmonsta, Jan 15, 2012.

1. rickmur

rickmur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Muddy makes a pretty good stand. I have owned both and they both have their pluses and minuses.

2. smackhonda

smackhonda Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is true...but by the time the deer looks up to see where that noise came from....your arrow should be on its way

3. ILLbowhunter

ILLbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have both stands and love both for different reasons. I set up all of my Millennium stands before the season. I pick out the trees and put them in place knowing they will work great. The millennium stands are amazing when it comes to comfort. I also have a couple Lone Wolf stands with sticks that I save for when I need to move in to a better location right away. I know with the Lone Wolf stands I can take them in there and my tree choice goes way up because of their versatility. The Lone Wolf stands are not comfortable at all but they are really quiet and I will be probably standing most of the hunt anyway just to be ready.

If the Millennium stands would add a slightly adjustable platform, they would be even better.

I'll probably stick with my 2 Lone Wolf Alpha's and sticks and continue to buy Millennium stands for more locations to set up at the beginning of the season.

4. MichiganYoungBlood

MichiganYoungBlood Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i have a lone wolf that i recieved as a gift for christmas. and im not gonna lie, there have got to be more comfortable stands out there. its nice and all, and its pretty light. but i was kind of dissapointed in the comfort level that i expect to come from a 350$ stand?

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This^^^

I'll gladly take any stand donations from those who think they aren't comfortable enough. Let me know and I'll PM you my address:evilgrin:

6. auhunter

auhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I personally dont use lone wolf stands, I have used them but sold them. I like to enjoy hunting and being unconfortable is not fun. I commend them for bringing their stuff back and they have my respect for doing so. I build stands here and know how hard it is to do so. Cuddos to them for having the guts to sacrifice volume for doing whats right

7. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted out of mine alot this year, and only 1 time did I ever get uncomfortable. It wasn't anywhere near unbearable though. Just had to shift my weight occasionally.

8. BShunter

BShunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have Many stands from home made to Muddy. I like my muddy stand the best of all. Personally I feel the muddy sticks are superior to LW as I have used them both. Stands are comparable.
    I personally do not live or die by the type of stand either way. I can make the crappiest stand quiet. I think it boils down to the ford vs chevy. It is what every you like. Nice thing is there is a stand out there for everyone.
    All that aside, I think LW makes a good product.

9. Gslinger

Gslinger Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly!

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like the ban hammer needs dropped

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Holy old thread monster.

12. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gslinger keeps trolling old Lone Wolf threads so he can complain about them or praise Leverage stands.

13. WKPTodd

WKPTodd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lone Wolf is the only stand that can silently be set-up, and be hunted from year-around regardless of temperature. I don't care too much about comfort when I have to turn around on my platform when a giant is approaching and if I make one peep - it's over. Lone Wolf, for the moment of truth!

14. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Really is the only one? Thanks for enlightening us.......

15. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dont own a LW..... Yet. But as for all the talk of the seat being uncomfortable, its called a Deer STAND. Not a Deer SIT. If i hunt 8hrs i probably sit for 1. If i get tired i usually lean against the tree before i sit. I hunt alot of old creek bottoms with mature hardwoods that are 90% climbable. So my summit climbers have earned their keep. At 16 pounds they are easy on the back to pack in. But recently i aquired new property that doesnt have the climbable trees. Im going to give the lone wolf combo a try. From what ive read i wont be disappointed.

16. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Since this gslinger guy keeps trolling all the LW threads, let's all go out and buy a new LW this weekend, just for spite. Lol

17. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol I don't mind a troll for once. I still stand by millennium today and would never buy any of the current LW models. I'm in a millennium now actually!! And thank god. With the wind I'm having I wouldn't want to be sitting on a bucket like LW. Until they make comfort without adding a ton of weight, I'll never understand paying the outrageous prices LW asks for their stands.

18. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Painting a blanket statement discredits any painter....just sayin'