Ruined hunts..

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by sethf11, Oct 25, 2015.

1. DoubleLung84

DoubleLung84 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last week I was sitting between two bedding areas in a nice oak flat and had a guy driving through a field right next to my stand. He parked his car and decided come walk through the woods with a shotgun (bird hunting?) the last 30 minutes of daylight. He left when I got his attention and drove away. Oh the joys of hunting public land.

2. c e w

c e w Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Squirrel never in orange hunters do me in almost every time I go to a public land spot near house.Once when walking out had one shoot and squirrel landed about 10 feet in front of me tried to find the person but they wouldnt show themselves. Last year in a tree five does start to walk out then stop for a few minutes and take off two minutes later brother comes walking up the light left his spot before mine.

3. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rifle Hunting public ground in WI: half hour after sunrise the Human Deer Repellent stops his van on the road with a loud squeal, turns into the lane I walked in, pulls about 50 yards in and sees me and my blaze orange 15 feet above him. Oh well, $#!t happens. But then he backs out with BEEP BEEP BEEP echoing through the north woods. That sucked but I killed my 1st doe ever the next morning in the same spot.

4. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been in all these situations and more. Don't let anything stop you from hunting.

Just this year I had a a guy walk down in on me at 5:30 PM and make a bunch of noise hanging a stand. He then walked out in the cut corn field right in front of me a took a piss. I saw a pile of deer that night and even harvested a big ol fat doe. Keep in mind this guy was less then 100 yards from me. Back at the car he asked me if I had seen anything. lol! :)

A handful a years ago I shot a buck coming out of a tunnel under the Sante Fe railroad. No less then 30 min. before that I had two guys walk down the railroad tracks some 25 yards from my stand scouting and they were making all kinds of noise.

Just keep hunt'n like nothing ever happened. It can pay off!

5. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For me it's dogs. Hillbilly morons all around me seem to think it's ok to let their dogs roam other people's property during hunting season. Sometimes it's good because they kick up the deer and other times it's bad because the deer come through screaming at the speed of light and it's just a wasted hunt.

6. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    While hunting Cherry Point marine base in NC I can't explain how many guys would walk threw in their uniforms thinking it was good enough cano carrying shotguns and yell out "seeing anything" and move on when I wouldn't respond...

7. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just tonight I was in a prime spot on the edge of some cover that I know bucks are using and after sitting for 3 + hrs it got to that perfect time we all wait for (6:30) and all of a sudden a young kid with no camo at all came crashing out of the thickets bow in hand and walks right under my stand .... He sees my backpack on the ground , looks up and says he forgot his flashlight so he wanted to head out a little earlier... Apparently he's a neighbor that has permission to hunt to but man I hate taking off during a work week and having any little chance ruined!

8. Smoke

Smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yep... it's amazing what others won't see and the chances you may still get if ya keep hunting... quite a few years back got into the woods bout 30 before light, heard another hunter come in but lost where he was.. when the sun came up he was in a tree not 75 yards straight in front of me, figured anything from that direction was gone but decided to still hunt in case something came if from the side... about an hour after light I look over and see a nice 8 point crawling on his belly thru the brush right under the tree that guy was in... he never saw it... it stood up about 25 yards from me and that's the last time it stood up

9. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    when i was younger the land owner I hunted on told us to shot any dogs we see. he hated the neighbors dogs. I never could bring myself to kill a perfectly good dog.

10. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Took off work yesterday afternoon cause I had the perfect wind for my #1 stand. I got there early and about the time I thought things should start getting interesting, had a combine start removing beans to the west of me. At first I thought that might help movement on my property but it wasn't long till the landowner on the east side of me started doing the same thing. I ended up seeing 1 - 4 pointer and chocking on diesel fumes and bean dust ........ that's hunting sometimes :)

11. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know, I really want to use a sling shot on them or something that won't kill them. I want to get them the heck out of my area but it's the owners who are the real problem, the dogs are just being dogs.