Rubber boots?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by luke/r, Oct 26, 2015.

1. luke/r

luke/r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was wondering what you are using for insulated (around 800gr or so) rubber boots. I need a new pair and not sure what to start looking at.

2. Walbash

Walbash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use Muck boot's 1/2 size larger with insole's put in to fit. once it get's cold I will take out insoles and use heavy wool sock's

3. emgepi

emgepi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've worn Lacrosse Burley's for years. I just adjust the sock that I wear accordingly for the weather. I know that the insulated boots help some, but any type of rubber boot that I have tried has never kept me warm enough on it's own. When it gets real cold, I ditch the rubber boots and wear an insulated lace up boot, also made by Lacrosse.

On a side note, the Under Armour boot socks are awesome for rubber boots. I have light weight ones for turkey hunting and early deer and heavy ones for winter and they stay in place without any issue. I struggled with finding a sock that would stay in place for a long time until I finally tried these.

4. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a cheap pair of Itasca 1000 gram rubber boots. They cost under $60 and they're still going strong after two seasons. I just picked them up expecting to get one season out of them because of the price but I expect them to go another 2-3 seasons at least. They aren't too warm for hot weather if you wear a pair of thin socks and they aren't to bad for cold weather if you have a nice pair of wool socks.

5. TheRiverBottom

TheRiverBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wool socks and toe warms for me. I could never tell the difference in zero to 2000 grams of thinsulation.

6. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LaCross Burleys are good boots. I just got a new pair last year to replace a pair I got in 05 ish. The old pair was literally held together with shoe glue and duck tape and the tread was bare in spots when I tossed them. I wore the heck of them.

When it gets really cold though I'm wearing my mucks.

7. ruteger

ruteger Guest

I have lacrosse alphaburlys and they're fantastic with a warm thick sock. Worn them down to -10 in stand and never gotten cold.

8. Njbowhunter48

Njbowhunter48 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  9. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the Lacrosse Alphaburly group. If it gets real cold I slip my boot blankets on over them.

10. Reed488

Reed488 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I actually just bought a pair of Redhead Span Tough boots with the neoprene for $70 and so far so good if you're looking for a cheaper option. I hunted in 30 degree weather with "medium weight" wool socks and never got cold. They also have a really good fit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11. sundevil180shooter

sundevil180shooter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pair of the Bogs and love them. Very comfortable and warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Walbash

Walbash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a pair of lacrosse but they didn't fit my foot very well at all. was a pain to get on and off with tiny ankle and the heel was unstable due to small size for me

13. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pair of LaCrosse Aeroheads 3.5 mm. They are a neoprene type boot and are very comfortable. Great for walking, very lightweight and decent in mild to cold weather. I would probably only wear them to around 30 degrees or so, any colder and I would upgrade to my warmer colder weather boots. :tu:

14. bucktail30

bucktail30 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have muck Arctic pros, love them for cold weather. I wear them late season and for ice fishing. Going on four years now. Expensive but if they last it's worth it. For early season I wear cheap cabelas 400g rubber boots. They do the job.

15. BH Bowhunter

BH Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 3pair of Cabelas rubber boots. Uninsulated, 800, and 1200. And for the real cold days, I have some pac boots.

16. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My vote for early season is either Lacrosse aero head 3.5 mm or Muck Pursuit stealth cools...for an overall boot that will cover you most of the season...like you'll get too warm when it's 70 out and cold when it's 0deg the Muck Pursuit Supreme...for late Season either Lacrosse Aerohead 7mm or Muck Arctic Pros...for me I have both the lacrosse Aerohead 3.5 and 7mm and I was patient so got the both for the cost of a single pair of Mucks by shopping around on Amazon and EBay.

17. DavidGround

DavidGround Newb

Dislikes Received:
    palladium boots

I bought palladium combat rubber boots. Look good and have function too! They are made of leather but lightweight. I have owned them for 2 years and they are still holding up great! Excellent in just about all weather conditions and really comfortable.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  18. brlbuildersca

brlbuildersca Newb

Dislikes Received:
    What is are people's opinions on having the rubber upper or the neoprene, and what's the big difference? I've been looking at the BOGS Bowman and the World Slam. Seem to look like the Sam boot except the uppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been wearing the same pair of Cabelas Comfort Trac 1200's for at least 10 yrs. I cant believe they are still kicking. I wear them hard too.

20. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I also have a pair of Cabelas Duratrax, best boots I have ever owned. They are nearly ten years old now and still going strong.

Blessings.........Pastorjim