muzzy mx4

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bender_23, Oct 13, 2015.

1. bender_23

bender_23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using the mx4 for a couple years now, shot deer and they have done awesome. just cannot get them to group past 40 where my field points have been. any suggestions on other fixed blades? been looking into the muzzy trocar.

2. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't shot my broad heads past 40 but you might give slick tricks a try. they've flown very well for my distances.

3. b_walte15

b_walte15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have any experience with the Trocars but I have heard good things about them. I shoot SlickTricks and they fly exactly like my field points and put a pretty good hole in deer

4. Keef

Keef Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's why I don't shoot Muzzies. I've talked to many people who have trouble with their flight. I don't need those kind of problems. I use Slick Tricks and love them.

I should add there are a lot of people who love Muzzies, no problem with that. They're just not for me.

5. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    keep shots under 30:rock:

6. Walbash

Walbash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot 3 blade original muzzy's for year's dead on to 60. been using slick's last couple year's just because they are better made and ferrulle doesn't bend usually like an aluminum muzzy. + I can resharpen blades most of time instead of replacing them. I tried the mx4 muzzy's would of had to retune bow for them so....stay'd with original 3

7. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There were some problems with the MX-4s... I went through quite a few of them experiencing similar challenges and settled on the steel-ferruled 125-grain MX-3. I really like this head, and it groups well out to 60 for me.