***Official Catch 22 - Team 22 Thread!!****

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Battle734, Aug 16, 2015.

1. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If we can stack up the DOES by just about everyone on the team we can take this contest. not everyone will get a buck. but as long as half of us to 3 quarters of us get a buck, we have a shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So lets start stacking those DOES. I think we are on our way. Now if I can do my part, besides my freezer is empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I went out the other day for an evening sit.
    Unfortunately I misjudged the yardage since my range finder wouldn't work and I shot a foot over the back of a nice old doe.
    The temps are supposed to be way up my next 2 days off along with youth gun season here I will be waiting to get in a stand until the following week. Good luck guys stay safe and shoot straight.

3. Battle734

Battle734 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Eh we've all been there MUD. I haven't been seeing much deer at all. And the time I had a shot at a nice doe rain clouds moved in it it was pitch dark at 6:15 pm and I didn't feel comfortable taking the shot. I'm hoping this wheat the farm planted where I hunt start to grow fast since I feel the deer aren't using my woods at the moment. They have no need to cross it since its just a dirt field and there are two cut bean fields to the north and south of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think I have a pretty decent chance at a buck. I know we have quite a few good ones and I've got a doe down pretty early so I can focus on getting a decent buck.

5. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got in a morning hunt today on my setup where I killed the doe last Friday , Didn't see any deer it is a more of an evening setup but the wind was perfect for it this morning so I figured id try it anyways.. . Pulled my card and had lots of pictures of the buck I'm chasing ! And sunday night he was there with shooting light left , I almost hunted that night but I wanted to give the setup a break after just killing a doe there two night before. He's showing up every night but its all after dark all I need is one more mistake while I'm on stand ! I need to get him soon because this property gets hammered with hunting pressure starting around mid October, So mabey with a little luck tomorrow night I can get lucky enough to see him on hoof!

6. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been passing up a lot of deer lately, still waiting on something worth killing to become a little more patternable. I've had several buddies shoot really nice bucks lately but I know my properties well enough to know that my big guys don't show up in my area until the week of Halloween usually. Either way I may go out and shoot a doe during this down time since I haven't shot a doe in a while and haven't had deer meat in the freezer for 2 years.

7. keepfallingup

keepfallingup Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I had a great feeling going into last nights hunt and turns out I was right!!! Was able to harvest a mature doe around 5:15 last night. Feels good :) 20 yard shot broadside, she only ran another 20 yards, double lung. Cant ask for a better scenario. Very grateful! She is already cut up and in the freezer. Man, thats a lot of fun!!!

IMG_5149.jpg IMG_5148.jpg IMG_5151.jpg

Attached Files:

8. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome. This puts us into a great position.

9. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Great Job!!!! Congrats, Meat in the freezer

10. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sat out last Saturday. 4 bucks taunted me out 60-70 yards for an hour. Went to get out of stand & a black bear was on my trail in front of me. Few tense moments but alls good & back in the stand, newly relocated to a surrounding area of acorns!

11. KYBowHunter8

KYBowHunter8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations all of you! Just got back from a week trip to Florida, been itching to get back in the woods. Came back to 41 degrees, and of course I'm in the woods right now, there's no way I could pass up these temps. About time for a big doe to pop out. Good luck everyone

12. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I am going out to a new property to hang a set and a couple cameras tomorrow.
    I wont get back out in the stand until next Sunday but the temps are going to be great and it should be a great hunt

13. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe ! Everyone seems to be doing a great job on getting some does on the board .... If we shoot a few bucks yet and our score is going to be putting up a good fight ! But again putting the contest on the side congratulations on getting your doe tag filled , it's always a good feeling turning an arrow red !

14. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    With all my bucks disappearing for the time being I made a trip to some public land to whack a doe for the team.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome rutin!

16. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job Rutin

17. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    CONGRATS
    Good Job, nice shot

18. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, congratulations and good job on putting another doe down for the team ! If nothing else our team sure knows how to put a few does down !! I'm sure the buck action will pick up in a few weeks for me , so hopefully I can put some Antlers on the ground !

19. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heading up north for the Camp Ripley hunt in the morning, can't wait, temps overnight are supposed to be in the 30's, deer should be moving...

20. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Temps are finally going to be dropping for me this weekend. Going to give it a shot and see what happens.