The Expandables - Official team 29 thread.

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by cyokley40, Aug 16, 2015.

1. JaminWI

JaminWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Now I need to find one of these and try it. Sounds like a hoot!

2. Dunlap

Dunlap Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I leaned forward and braced like I was shooting a 500. After the shot I felt like an idiot because you could shoot that thing with 1 hand from the hip. Lol

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

3. I8myTarget

I8myTarget Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's nose heavy so it don't jump up real hard like you would expect. My wife has shot it no prob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I came back from my elk hunt last week to find my status on the private land I have bow hunted for the last six years to be in limbo. I have had the good fortune to hunt land owned by a client of mine. However, he has had some personal issues and is no longer deciding who can access the land for hunting. His son, a lawyer, is now making the decision. I am hopeful that since I have good history with the family hunting their land and an ongoing business relationship with my client that I will receive permission. It has been a week since I found out about this and I have not heard back yet. I am in limbo and am going to start talking with friends to see if I can access other private land. I would hunt public but my main focus this year is starting to take my four-year-old son out and I would rather do that on land that has restricted access. I was hoping I might know something this week but it looks like it will be sometime next week at the earliest. Needless to say, I have not gotten out for deer this season. Which is unfortunate because the property is overrun with does and would have been an easy contribution to the team for me. Feeling a little bummed right now and quite distracted at work with huntingitis.

5. avant

avant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got a lot of snorting this am but didn't see any until I was walking around.

Setup a kill plot though

uploadfromtaptalk1444411982163.jpg

6. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully it will work out for you!

7. I8myTarget

Dislikes Received:
    Where are you located? I am assuming Texas. Correct?

8. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If this question is meant for me, I am in central Arkansas.

9. I8myTarget

Dislikes Received:
    Make the drive out to the ozarks. Lots of public land with plenty to
    Get your heart rate up. The big ones are few and far between most of the time but they are out there sometimes. I would not worry about the kids either. Heck give me a shout and I will show you some places that are pretty nice

10. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    hahahah! :lol:

11. avant

avant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just had a year and a half old button buck run off about 6 other deer

12. I8myTarget

Dislikes Received:
    Ok venting time. I am pissed!!!! So I have a spot that is national forest that I love. Not a lot of people know how to get to it with out hiking in for miles. I have had some really god luck there. I took Dunlap up there for some turkey hunting and he knows the spot I am talking about.
    So I am just looking at my Facebook feed and seeing all the pictures of how people spent their weekend while I am here at work to see my brother in law post a picture from a horse back riding trip he just went on with about 50 other riders and i see this one spot where I am like. I know this spot.
    So I go to this riding groups FB page to hunt more pictures to see if i can confirm it and you guested it. My favorite spot has been found and shared with everyone in the group. I am so jacked I could spit fire. Now every Tom, prick, and Harry will be up there hunting it. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  13. I8myTarget

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. avant

avant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is a PRETTY spot!

15. I8myTarget

Dislikes Received:
    It has always been a very productive spot too. You have to have a big 4-wheel drive to get to it or walk in a long way and then cross the creek to get to it. The deer love it because it has or should I say HAD little to no hunters in there and had all the resources to just hide from all the trigger happy rednecks.

16. cyokley40

cyokley40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys sorry for not being to involved lately. Truth is that I shot and lost a doe two weekends ago. And it ticked me off to a point of just sayin screw it for a while. But I'm back. And on a better note I checked a new cam sight that I put out three weeks ago. A place on my land that I've never hunted due to just not feeling there were deer there. What I found today almost sent me into a breakdown. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444618240.563956.jpg

17. Dunlap

Dunlap Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That stinks they found that place! When we went turkey hunting there I saw close to a dozen deer and all I did was walk around. We need to plan a trip there one weekend soon.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

18. JaminWI

JaminWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well DAMN! Seeing that guy should help get you back into the mood.

Pics of him on different days or was he possibly just passing through?

19. JaminWI

JaminWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I took my run n gun setup out Sat afternoon over a spot I've seen deer regularly. Well, I guess that day they decided to exit the woods and enter the field from a new spot 50 yards west.

Saw some does and four bucks. One was of pretty good size. He stood on a hill top for about 15 min scanning the fields. 265 yards out. Wish I would have had the rifle with me. Oh well. Heard them grunting and beginning to lightly chase. That's always exciting.

Anyway, it was youth weekend here and they're allowed to use firearms for that. So I sent my BIL and nephew back to that spot yesterday afternoon. Got a text a few hours later and my 10yr old nephew dropped his first buck.
    [​IMG]

20. cyokley40

cyokley40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He showed up at the the last 4 days befor the card got full and quit takin pics. The last pic of him was sept 25th and that was the last day I had pics. So I'm hopin to pic him up and he's still in there.