***Kyudo Killers - Team 18 Thread ***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by drenman, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Mitchellhunt99

Mitchellhunt99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heck yeah buckjeezy!! Great buck, hoping I can contribute to the team soon!

2. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I won't be hunting much due to work the next couple of weeks, plus I don't want to get burnt out. These last few weekends, sitting in the wind, hardly seeing squat, has me exhausted already!
    I think the last week of October, I should be hitting it hard again. Then I'm taking the first 10 days of November off of work.
    I'll get mine!

Good luck everybody :tu:

3. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't get out and hunt this last weekend, I tweaked my back on Tuesday and it is just now starting to feel better. My buddy's birthday is tomorrow and we have a tradition of hunting on his birthday so I'll be out tomorrow afternoon. Looks like I should be able to get out over the weekend at least once. I'm really hoping I get a doe close, I need some meat in the freezer.

If I can get a doe down I'll back off until the rut kicks in. Usually the big boys don't travel in the daylight much before that, between harvest and guys working cattle there is a lot of commotion out there this time of year.

4. buckjeezy

buckjeezy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! Let's keep putting them down!

5. Bobcat031

Bobcat031 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I only had a nice 4pt walk by me this weekend. I'm waiting for something bigger or a fat doe. I had to go out...I had to get my fix...lol it was great to get out there.

6. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    We moved a stand and got a couple hours in stand but only saw one doe from afar. I did get a couple of good bucks on camera though, I'll try to post a pic or 2 tomorrow.

7. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I was out the last two nights. The first night was dead, didn't see a thing. The second night was shaping up to be the same until the very end. I was debating on starting to pack up with about a half hour of shooting light left. Now I'm sure that sounds crazy to you guys but I'll be honest it was my first time in this set and I was a little worried about finding my way out in the dark.

With about 20-25 minutes of legal light left I told myself 'you have never seen anything in the last half hour of light anyway' and with that down the tree I went. I had already lowered my bow and was about to take my second climbing stick off the tree when I heard a deer bound off. I instantly froze and heard the sound again from a different area. Then I saw a deer at about 20 yards on the other side of my tree.

So here I am, hanging from my linemans strap, with 15 minutes of shooting light left, and I'm jumping deer from damn near under my stand. I strained to see antlers but I don't believe the deer had any. She played the head weave game for about 10 seconds then she bounded off. She must have got to what she figured was a safe distance then she decided to alert the entire woods to my presence by blowing. She blew and blew and blew for what felt like forever.

She quit blowing and I thought I heard her run off. I climbed the rest of the way down my tree and finished packing up. I took two steps past my tree only to have a different deer (closer than the blowing deer) take off. So after all that I ended up walking out in the dark anyway. Looking back now even if I knew they were there I'm not sure how I would have got out of there without blowing them out.

I'm figuring it was the doe and two fawns that have been showing regularly on my cam. I have no idea how they got so close without me hearing or seeing one of them. It was pretty windy but still. Oh well, live and learn. My only concern is that I have wrecked this spot for future sits. Time will tell I guess.

8. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Top contenders so far. Just have to get lucky enough to see them.

9. Mitchellhunt99

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a pretty nice deer!:tu:

10. Sharpshoot3r

Sharpshoot3r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg [ image.jpg ATTACH=CONFIG]62446[/ATTACH]

Not bad for NJ. I just bought a new home prior to shooting my buck this year. The new area has along of big deer top in NJ. Unfortunately I'm already entered for my buck. In NJ I can take unlimited does and 3-4 bucks a year. I normally go to Ohio every year not this year so I oppted to take that buck I did. O well needed the footage anyway.

11. Bobcat031

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading back out Thursday after work to hunt for the weekend. There's a chance of showers Thursday evening. If it does rain I will head out Friday morning. Hopefully we see some activity.

12. Bobcat031

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to all my team mates!

13. rustyreno

rustyreno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You guys have some great bucks there. I have been very busy with work, but I am hoping I can get home at a reasonable time tomorrow and Friday so I can put some time in for a doe. Need that 50 pts.

14. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys! :ninja:

15. Mitchellhunt99

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah good luck guys! I'll be out Friday and Saturday night then Sunday morning. Hope I can tag a nice buck or a big doe!!

16. Bobcat031

Dislikes Received:
    Was a nice evening sit. calm and quiet. I sat til the rain moved in. Didn't see any deer. Just squirrels and coons

17. Bobcat031

Dislikes Received:
    Will be out again in the morning. Hopefully the deer will be moving

18. rustyreno

rustyreno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck in the am bobcat

19. Bobcat031

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm back out here for the evening. Hopefully we'll see something walk thru. I really don't expect things to really get moving for a coupleore weeks . But you know I won't get a deer sitting in the house. So here we are.. good luck my friends.

20. buckjeezy

buckjeezy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the stand this evening for the first time since opening day. Hoping to get some action.