***The Huntsmen -Team 27***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Dunn County, Aug 16, 2015.

1. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd love to show him off, but I'm having trouble uploading new pics to "Manage Attachments". It works, but I can only attach pics that have already been uploaded. I don't know how to make it right. I need a "tech" to show me.

Please don't say "open a Photobucket account". I did, and I had more trouble with that than I care to mention. Even had (still do) trouble canceling it.

2. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Alright boys progress was made today! Bought both MD and NC hunting license, registered to hunt on camp lejeune, and got all my gear ready to go! I have a 72 this weekend so plan to hunt MD sat/maybe sunday if I can gotta check. I may get out one of these evenings and hunt on base if I can get out early enough to climb a tree. The first doe I see is gonna die here in NC no questions asked. This time next week you will have at least 50 points from me.

3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mini cold front rolling through. I am in the stand tomorrow evening. I have my NE wind. Hoping to see a bit more movement!

4. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice! I to am planning on putting 50 pts up this week, I'm looking forward to the weather drop also should get some more action in the stand!

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A big goose egg for me tonight. The corn is out... Not sure what happen as I usually see a pile of deer filter into that field towards last light. I even stayed late. I could see a sold half mile. NOTHING. I don't know if it was the wind ( too windy), cloud cover, or moon but something was off! Going to hunt the other side of the property Friday. There is just a hint that the beans are starting to turn. Going to hunt the top side where the corn meets the beans. It's a long walk in.....

6. Hunteropel

Hunteropel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well season opens tomorrow and can wait for some tree therapy, been seeing lots of deer and I need some fresh meat BAD!!!!!!!!

7. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    Just had what I thought was a button buck come into the thicket im huntinh once I got the binos out, confirmed it was a doe. No shot presented itself. Still early and looking to throw some meat in the freezer and points on the board.

8. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In a tree first hint of the year for me .... I could be doing this all weekend but this freakin hurricane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    I ended up shooting a doe this evening, good sized one she'll eat well. Gonna break in my new smoker and make some jerkey snd snack sticks this weekend. I'll post on score board tomorrow I'm whooped! image.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  10. flyguy415

flyguy415 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My first hunt will be Saturday folks, I'm itching to get in a tree and throw a few points on the board. Season won't open here until the 3rd. Got lots of deer on cam recently at diff. Locations. Several bucks 120-130's I'm going to try and hold off until things heat up later in the season.

11. flyguy415

Dislikes Received:
    Great work! Hope she eats good!

12. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great job Suncrest08!

13. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I take it Dunn County is MIA? Anyone messaged him?

14. Hunteropel

Hunteropel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thought Dunn County shot a buck, why isn't it entered???????

15. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got my food plots out last Friday. Little late but we had tractor issues, but it is coming up nicely already. I'm hoping to be in the stand one day this weekend. I have 3 birthday parties to go to so I'm hoping the boss lets me skip one and hit the stand. I'm thinking about going to an observation stand to see what is hitting the food plot and see how they are entering the plot. If a doe gets close enough I'm going to give her the axe.
    Still haven't been able to hunt my target buck because the wind has been wrong. I'm hoping that the wind is right before he starts smelling love in the air.

16. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Woot!!! A chilly 44 here this morning and a high of 64! It's almost starting to feel like fall. I am going to head out early afternoon. My plan is to walk deep into the property I have been hunting to give it another go this evening! It's the most secluded area of the property. If I don't see any movement tonight I am going somewhere else!

17. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great job on the doe. We are finishing up our move to the new house. Once I get settled I will message Dunn. I will be in the woods next Friday night!

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

18. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a good hunt this evening. I let down on a "Trophy Doe" with about 10 min of shooting light left. It was late, I was deep in the property and she had a yearling with her. I guess when it came down to it I didn't want an all night project. All total I saw 4 deer and blew a bunch out of the field well after dark on the way back to the truck. As I suspected they are just entering the field really late. I may have to let that spot rest until the temps drop a bit more and they start moving earlier.

19. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This frigging NE wind is killing me. It's been blowing from the WRONG DIRECTION for 2 straight weeks now!! Can't recall this happening for such an extended period of time in the past. I have only hunted 2 times since the season opened. Might have to wait for the rut.

20. flyguy415

Dislikes Received:
    Got it done tonight. Doe down. 50pts on the board!