Dirty 30 Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by jfergus7, Aug 16, 2015.

1. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Matt
    How dare you leave us with the suspense bye ending with a but! Well .did you at least get a shot off? I got to run,will be back tonight to see how you did Matt, LOL
    Rocky

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tough seeing just about every team on the board already! Can't wait till we start getting some deer on the ground! Only a few more days for me then I will be in the stand! Should get out most of next weekend except for a wedding Saturday night but should be out that morning and most of Sunday along with Thursday and Friday morning!

3. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I believe I have everything done. I am so ready to hang on the side of a tree I can't stand it!

Come on Thursday!

Got all the stands checked out, pulled the chips off two cameras, and hung one up a new one over a new scrape Saturday.

Things were looking real good Saturday morning until my new UTV started puking oil out of a busted oil line hose.

By the time I got out of the woods the dip stick just barley showed any oil at all. A quick trip to the dealer to drop it off shortly followed.

It is going to suck if they can't get it fixed by this Friday. I have other means to get out via my old golf cart or my ATV, but it sure hurts to have my new machine go down on me this close to the season opening.

The way my hip is I really depend on my machines to get me out and back any more.

Anyway here are a couple of pics from the cards I pulled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    The wait this week is going to kill me. Sitting here right now making a final list of everything I need to make sure I have packed up and ready to go. Think I am in good shape at this point now if Thursday would just get here already!

5. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Bone Head Hunter
    Dang buddy you sure got some good deer around you! :tu: Hope the ATV get's the repairs's it needs for the opener for you . I know what it's like to be gibbled trying to get in and out of a stand and the bush with parts that don't work good anymore :mad:. I have a brace that goes from my top of my leg to just below my shin on one leg and use a cane to get to & from the bush.Instead of taking 15 minutes to get to my stands it takes close to a 1/2 hour. Just have to give yourself a little more time to do the things we took for granted a little longer ,HAhaha . I refuse to give in to the thing we call age. :nana: Try too get out tonight! Good luck to those hunting today.
    Rocky

6. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will everybody be hunting by Oct 1? I've only been out twice since we opened on the 12th. Real life is getting in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wife has Oct 1st off.. so yup! Ill be in the stand come hell or high water!

8. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have spent the entire day in terrible knee pain so I am hoping it starts feeling better quick or I might be confined to the ground blind the first few days since I don't think I can climb and sit in a stand for long periods of time

9. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Here are the top two bucks I am after this season. I have a ton of pictures of the buck on the left. The one on the right was a total surprise. Really hoping he is still on the property! Any guess the one on the lefts size?

[​IMG]

10. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Big enough.

Sent from my miracle pocket communication device.

11. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Ferg
    The one on the right dwarfs the other,any of the 2 would look great in a picture with your bow on his back! Great picture!
    Did the cardinal sin tonight by checking ball scores at 6:35 tonight. Heard a branch snap and out of the corner of my eye there she stood glaring at me. Just down to my right,man she was quiet then she took a few more steps in front and I tried to grab my bow and out of the corner of my eye I see movement. Button buck and just behind him was another fawn. I couldn't move and had to let them walk. Peeded off at my self. Did what I preach not to do! I'll never learn!!! Partner saw 2 also but couldn't seal the deal. On my way out I got stuck on the barbed wire and couldn't get my leg free. I let go and fell the 3 feet to the ground, put a huge ripp in my new predater camo pants . Won't get out for a few more days guys. Good luck!
    Rocky

12. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am all ready to go for thursday. I used vacation, so I will be hunting thursday and Friday of this week. On a different note....... Has anyone on here tried out the new nocturnals........? I AM NOT IMPRESSED. I actual like the older model better. I was having a heck of a time getting them to sit tight on the string. I ended up just putting some serving around my string where my dloop is to make it a little bit thicker.

13. Pitman

Dislikes Received:
    I got a couple new packs this year and all mine seem to be fine. Dont know if they are new stock or the old ones tho.

14. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Rocky hope your OK. You sound like me... never fails they slip in when your doing something..

Ferg I'd say the one on the left is mid 30"s if he has a decent spread. One on the right is a 40"s buck.

Good luck to all on Thursday.

My plan was to get out Thursday after work, but they are moving my mom to a new care center Wednesday and I may go see her for a bit and then try to get in an hour sit right before dark...

15. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got two sets this summer and haven't had any issues. They were for my gold tip Gt's

16. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't like them at all. I couldn't get them to hit with my regular nocks at all like the old ones would. They also rattle much more than the old ones used to. I am NOT a fan

Why can't someone just make a nice, smaller lighted nock that fits the string properly and is bright.

17. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Ignighter Lighted Nocks
    Been using these for 2 weeks now that Ive been able to shoot, fly as my feild points do and can't figure out why I don't need a 30 yard pin dropping down to 50 lbs limbs from 65 lbs. Arrows are at the bottom of the bulleye @30 when my 65lbs limbs I needed a 30 yard pin seperated by an inch from my 20 yard pin. Go figure!!!!! Back to the nocks, the nockturnels were $37 for 3 as these were 51 for a pack of 6 real easy to turn off too. Check them out!!! Matt ,they make no noise!
    Rocky

18. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah we sell those at the store. I'll have to check them out a little closer.

As far as hunting goes, I've hunted 3 mornings and 1 afternoon. Still have yet to see a deer....

I have never had a year start this slow but I'm hoping good things come to those who wait!

19. Pitman

Dislikes Received:
    How do they turn on and off?

20. Pitman

Dislikes Received: