Ground blinds

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by DLaffy07, Sep 28, 2015.

1. DLaffy07

DLaffy07 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I'm getting ready to go hunting tn . . . And was wondering about everyone's thoughts on ground blinds. I'm taking my son with me and set up a two seat ground blind on the edge of the tree line for us. He is not to keen on heights just yet so I covered us up pretty good. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts or experiences with them we're?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jd4055

jd4055 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love ground blind hunting! More so than treestand actually. You can hunt areas that before were unhuntable unless you stalk or such. Also makes it a lot more bearable when its November or December and snowing sideways.

3. B-rad

B-rad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This year will be my son's first year to bow hunt we will be using ground blinds this year as well all that I have read in which the ones I've hunted out of requires brushing in and preset before using them. They should make for an exciting hunt.

4. DLaffy07

DLaffy07 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So the hunt didn't go so we'll tn. Started off really hot and didn't cool down til right before sun down. So obviously I had a good sweat going. Had three doe come in as I expected and have seen before. Got about 50 yards out with no shot and got busted on scent. They hung around for about ten min stomping around but eventually took off back they way they came. Used the dead down wind spray prior to us leaving for the stand but wasn't enough to over power the sweat I guess. Next time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Wingtipsdown

Wingtipsdown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gotta watch your wind especially in a ground blind. If the wind isn't right, you can't hunt.