Red Head Enduraskin

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by KHanne01, Sep 25, 2015.

1. KHanne01

KHanne01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Pretty new to the site here. I just ordered a Red Head long-sleeve Enduraskin base layer from Bass Pro and was wondering if anyone has tried the Red Head brand before. It's super cheap and I know, you get what you pay for, but for $16.00 I figured it was worth a shot. It's supposed to be the skin tight spandex material. I'm hoping it will be a decent early season base layer here in Michigan on the warmer days. Anyone in the Midwest knows our early season weather can be super unpredictable with temps anywhere from 20 degrees to 70 degrees. Any and all opinions are welcome. I should have it on Tuesday, just a couple days before the opener. Thanks!

2. nwmono

nwmono Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have a couple of the shirts that I've used for a few seasons. I really don't have any complaints about them. I've never tried any other brand, so can't give you a comparison. That being said, I'd not have any issues recommending them.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have used them for the last 6 years and they are all I use as a base layer. I have a leafy camo suit I wear in early season and it works well with it. I have the facemask (balaclava) as well. Even in colder weather I wear them as my first layer of scent prevention. They have performed really well for me.

4. KHanne01

KHanne01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the response. I am glad to hear that you have had success with the brand. I was somewhat apprehensive just due to how cheap some of the gear cost, thinking that it must be poorly made. It looked nice in the photos though. I should have it at my door by tuesday. I will post my opinions of it when I get it. I plan to wear it in the stand all of next week.

5. ERICWEST

ERICWEST Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No experience with them but welcome to the site from another Michigander. What part of the murder mitten you from?

6. KHanne01

KHanne01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    @ERICWEST, I am from northern Jackson County. I got lucky and just missed the CWD zone this year.
    Well I got my Enduraskin in the mail today. I tried it on and I am pleased with it. You can tell it's not as durable as other more expensive brands, but I definitely think it will serve it's purpose. I will post pictures of it later. I was most happy about it being true to size. I get nervous when ordering clothing/apparel online because it is always a gamble. The realtree print looks very nice as well.