How should I hunt this area?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Keep_Calm_And_Bowhunt, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Keep_Calm_And_Bowhunt

Keep_Calm_And_Bowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where I hunt, it is literally all woods except for a clearing strip for a pipeline. Where I'm wanting to put a stand, to my right there is a large group of pines, to my right there is just a thick mess that is impossible to walk through, and the some deer are bedding around in there. Behind me is a corn field, and all in front of me, and where i was thinking about putting the tree stand is all oaks. The place where I would put it, it is on the top of a hill, and at the bottom is a creek, then when the leaves fall, you can see into part of the field, and across the creek into the oaks. But back into the pines, there is another thick mess where deer bed. One of the most used deer trails I have seen is coming from the field up into the pines. So should I put a tree stand in the oaks or in the pines, entry and exit will be no problem with either.

2. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like both are promising spots. Check the oaks to see if there is any acorns, it might be a better October spot than the pines, and the pines might be a better spot after the corn is shelled.

3. DLaffy07

DLaffy07 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ya Chris nailed it those acorns are money for that late October hunt. Once the season progresses try to do a lil scouting after a morning hunt to see if u can't find a good scrape or rub and set up down wind from it. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk