***Official Catch 22 - Team 22 Thread!!****

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Battle734, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tomorrow is the opening day for Ohio here guys ! I'll be hitting the woods :) hunting a set in the morning that is easy to access and a good morning setup! Catching them coming from the crop fields down below and heading into the thick bedding areas up on top of the ridge ... Hopefully catch one of about 3 bucks on the hit list sneaking through early in the morning! Wish me luck guys , can't wait to get the season started off !

2. Battle734

Battle734 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Galen. I just got some bitter sweet news team. I will be heading down to Florida in two weeks to flip a house with my buddy..... Which means I will miss October of the season :(. I will be able to hunt the first week of the season here in NY but the regulations have changed this year and I cannot shoot a buck the first two weeks.... I'm hoping to get back very early November and be able to be in the woods for the rut. Good luck to the whole team and I will still be popping in to congratulate all of you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Galen....Battle, it is what it is, make the most of the time you got in the woods...Went out Friday, saw a woodchuck and thats it...Temps are pretty high up here. Got a 4 day stretch of work here...Hope to be out later in the week...

4. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Went out for tonight's opener, saw 23 deer from an observation stand I hung at noon. Passed several does and saw two bucks over 130", debating how aggressive I want to get now. Winds are really crappy the next few days to move in on the bucks but I may get a little aggressive with this spot since it'll only be good for a few more weeks before everyone and their brother starts hunting it.

5. keepfallingup

keepfallingup Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just put up a set to the left of these pictures. This is the new property that we have acquired and I am excited to get up in the tree some night this week. We got this buck and a small 6 pointer running the camera for a week. We also made a mock scrape and put a tinks dripper over it to the right side of the camera. Set up the camera on it so we will see what happens. Never done it before so we'll see. Excited to start hunting this property though!

P.S. My Am and PM on my camera setting are flip flopped. this picture was taken in the evening.
    STC_0094.jpg

STC_0095.jpg

6. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well all I ended up seeing on Saturday was a young buck that I gave a pass on ! But my friend that was hunting the same farm shot a fairly nice buck Saturday night, probably won't score to much over 130 if he even does but to me that's not a bad buck ! I still have a few nice bucks coming in during daylight hours so hopefully with a little time one will step out ! But right now I'm out hunting a peice of public land close to my house trying to whack a doe tonight :)

7. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 43 deer tonight, flat out the most deer I've ever seen on a sit. Blew my chance at a 140" 10pt. He came out with 4 other bucks at 20 yards and by the time I got my bow drawn he was at 38 yards and HARD quartered away, almost facing dead away.

8. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well everyone I'll be out in my stand here for the first time this year this Sunday.
    New property so I definitely have all of the unknown factors to overcome but I still can't wait to get out there.

9. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck on Sunday Michael! And rutin you don't know how badly I would love to see 40 + deer on one sit haha good call on not taking that quartering away shot! Now for me I was out on a peice of public land and about 30 mins or so before dark two does came in and at 10 yards I didn't have any shooting lanes trimmed for that exact spot ! They milled around for about 2-3 minutes before one of the does stepped in a small shooting lane I had , but she never turned broad side to give me the shot I wanted so after holding my bow back forever they wondered off far enough to give me a chance to let my draw down! No I didn't get my doe I was after but I had a great evening and learned a little about this small tract of public land ! So Mabey now my next doe only mission will be a little more successful!

10. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    After two weeks off, I will be at it again this coming weekend. Weather appears to be better and finally cooling off.

11. keepfallingup

keepfallingup Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Headed out tomorrow evening for my first sit at the new property. Super excited. Then hopefully more at the end of the week!!!

12. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Saturday is the first day, I will be out in the AM......... Working 3 -11 that day.............Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    bought a new quad the other day... Polaris 850...... 2016. being delivered on Wednesday the 30th. excited about that also

14. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like most are having some good sightings, deer and bears! Ill be headed out this weekend for my first hunt of the season. Temp in the morning is suppose to be in the 30's!! Woo hoo!!!

15. KYBowHunter8

KYBowHunter8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear y'all are getting to hunt. Rutin, It sounds like you've got plenty of chance to shoot a nice deer, I'd say you made a good call. It sounds like everyone is just really kicking off their seasons, which even excites me to hear it. Temps have been fairly high here so I've elected not to go out to tag me a doe for a little bit, at least let it drop to lower 70's or 60's, I see it as I have until January so don't fear guys I should still definitely be good for a doe even If I don't post often or say I'm hunting. Not sure if I mentioned this but I REALLY want to win this thing! Good luck everyone!!

16. KYBowHunter8

KYBowHunter8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Team 31 just killed a doe, that's it big nanny going down tonight. Scratch that, anything coming out tonight is going down haha If we come in second to last, by golly they're going to be last haha :bow:

17. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I could of shot several does tonight, but I went into an area to see if I could see one of my shooters. Well sure enough he came out and walked right to my other stand 150 yards away and stood in front of the camera! Stupid freakin deer.... I've been damn close every other hunt. I'll check my card on Friday and post some pics of him. Eventually one of these bucks and me will cross paths, patience and hunting smart have been my key so I'm going to stick with it!

18. Battle734

Battle734 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whelp good news for me! I no longer have to go to Florida to flip that house. So I won't miss one day of hunting this season! Opening day here in NY is tomorrow but the weather is looking awful. I'll be out Friday to try and get us 50 and put down a doe. The antlers won't be coming from me until the 15th of October at the earliest due to new regulations. Sounds like every one has been having great hunts! Keep it up! And most of all have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    well if I get the chance too, I'm going to get out on Halloween weekend and put some points on the board. I'm on call at work this weekend then next I have plans/honey-do's, then on call at work again. But I would rather sit in late October then early. more action by then. good luck everyone.

20. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not going to get out this week or weekend. Around the house projects, funeral Saturday and running a race Sunday. Good luck to those heading out...