***Official Catch 22 - Team 22 Thread!!****

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Battle734, Aug 16, 2015.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The family will be up at the cabin this weekend. I will show no mercy on does if they give me a chance again. I'm really hoping to shoot one this weekend and have the family come and help me on the blood trail and be there during the process of gutting etc. I think it would be a great experience for the kids. Man I hope it happens.

2. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Nice bear! Congrats! Where about did you go? I have been to Lukinto Lake Lodge the past few years in Longlac, Ontario. Great place but looking to get a chance at a cinnemon or other color phase bear.

3. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on an awesome buck KY!!!

4. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I did not make it out for the WI opener...not enough time in the day. I should be set up for this next weekend however, with the exception that I cant go out until later Saturday. Unfortunately I have to put my retired four-legged partner down Friday afternoon and transport him Saturday morning to be cremated. Sucks big time...He just turned 15...

5. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was in ignace Ontario the place a I went is called Cobb Bay.

6. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'm counting the days. 17 there is a large racked buck in the area behind the house. Talked to the neighbor / farmer he has seen him behind his house however there is a couple of other bowhunters that have access to the property. Cant wait.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  7. KYBowHunter8

KYBowHunter8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well smacked a big nanny the night before last. Decided at the last minute I would try to get some footage on my phone. Glad I did haha Be sure to turn up your sound when you watch.

https://youtu.be/6uOezLnUtEU

8. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Still tracking a couple bucks, nothing crazy big but nice deer. Trying to locate their bedrooms has been a chore, they just keep bouncing around so dang much. Either way I'm going to give it all I got to kill the big 8 with the split "Lebron" until I can find something better to chase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  9. KYBowHunter8

Dislikes Received:
    After about 45 minutes, I went in for her and after about 50-60 yards of a great blood trail I jumped her up and she could almost barely get up and hobbled away kinda like you can see in the video. Came back 2 hours later and tracked her with a decent blood trail for about 600-700 yards and finally lost blood and gave up. She was on alert and attempted to duck my arrow, it looked like it hit her in the neck right in front of the shoulder not sure though. I hate it but I guess that's bow hunting... will be back out to hopefully kill one this afternoon

10. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    GOOD NEWS some one on our team killed a doe he will be posting soon, meat in the freezer / 50 points for team #22..... yea. I got a text from him a little while ago. I let him tell who he is and the story. We all should exchange phone #'s and keep in touch

11. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Slickhead down. 15 yd shot at about 0915 this morning...Already posted on the scoring page
    [​IMG]

12. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Grant. Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Mudshark Way to get us started off.
    Well to say I am pumped up is an understatement. Just bought all of my tags for Illinois. My wife and I finally organized or new garage and I built a new processing area so I am ready to go now.
    14 more days till I get to sit in one of my stands this year. Unfortunately we still have not gotten one picture of a buck on the new property. But plenty of doe have been around so there is still hope. So the first chance I get I will be bringing some meat home. With the bucks not regularly visiting our property I am pretty safe shooting a doe right away.
    good luck everyone

14. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I'm not on here often. I just got back from a 2 week Disney world/Cocoa beach trip with the 4 year old and 2 year old as of yesterday (20th). I need some RNR in a stand to collect my thoughts. My brother took a buck Saturday evening in KS. I'm going to try and kill a KS buck in the coming months. Good luck to the rest of you and congrats to the deer taken.

15. KYBowHunter8

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Congrats man. Good to see some deer on the ground

16. keepfallingup

keepfallingup Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just picked up a new piece of property to hunt thats only 15 minutes from the house. Its about a 30 to 40 acre piece with a grown up horse pasture in the middle of it. Just put up couple cameras over the weekend so ill give them some time and see whats there. If I get some bucks on camera ill post them here. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to hunt private land. Its nice to have something to yourself!

17. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well it looks like the teams off to a good start !

I just got back from my trip up north on Monday and everyone that went along was able to tag a bear, so I was a great week and I had allot of fun ! I didn't get mine until the very last day about 2 hrs before dark , I know it doesn't count for points but it was a good way to start off my 2015-2016 hunting season !! Our deer season opens up this Saturday so im pumped about that !

galens bear.jpg

18. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the nice looking bear. That is something I have always wanted to try....

19. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I just had a huge curveball thrown at me.... my big cornfield/bedding area was harvested two days ago. The buck I really wanted a crack at on opening day was bedding in there 75% of the time and now I have no clue where he's bedding. I've scouted the field the last few nights and seen a ton of does but not a single buck. I'm going in to check cams this afternoon and see if he's still around or if I need to just go on a doe hunt. I haven't killed a doe in years bc our herd has taken a drastic hit where I live but I've got a small public field that has 8-10 does every evening in it and I may go after one. We've got crappy winds this weekend for most of my setups anyway so I'm just waiting to see what the cams tell me and if I should even go out.

20. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Temps have been consistently in the mid to high 80s here. Hoping it cools down soon. I've been watching our top field every night through the spotting scope. There's a nice buck hitting the clover plot almost every night. Going to hold off on shooting a doe. Plan on hitting the woods October 3 after our earn a buck ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk