Update on NC state record - the truth

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BigPhil_H, Sep 20, 2015.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think the skull plate and antlers are real from the PA buck, he screwed those on the 3pt buck after cutting that set off and took his trophy photos.

The scorer should have suspected something when the cap came in with cape still attached. No way would a state record buck not get mounted. Taxidermists would donate thei services to mount it, probably ask to borrow it for display, enter into contests or some other agreement for their service.

2. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats the part that blew me away. Anyone with even half a brain wouldn't just cut skull cap off like you found it along the road. The entire story is bizarre. They may have come from PA, but it certainly did not come from a wild deer. Not only that, but when did this occur? This year? Archery season in PA isn't even open yet. That might be why the kid came clean. Either he killed a wild deer in PA illegally, or he confesses that they're sheds from a pen raised deer in PA.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good point about PA season. Antlers wouldn't have shrank at all during the drying period :lol:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  4. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty sure the article states that he bought the rack in PA. About the only way you're going to "buy" that rack is from a deer farm...that would be fairly simple as they have them by the dozens these days and bigger...a lot bigger.

He never killed any deer except the little spike (or whatever it was) and just screwed the mess together Rompola style. I doubt he ever killed any 150" deer either, if he had one it was probably faked as well. This kid looks like an idiot, I seriously doubt he engineered this by himself. I hope they nail everyone involved though I'm not sure he actually did anything illegal.

I still say the taxidermist reported it himself. He's probably acting as thought he was duped just so he doesn't get a reputation for tattling to the DNR. I don't believe for a second that he didn't notice that mess, if he didn't then he's also a crook of some sort. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt but that's getting harder and harder to accomplish.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like this kid took a page out of ol' Marc Anthony's playbook. :lol:

6. Razorback_bowhunter

Razorback_bowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My thoughts exactly.

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I needed a good laugh being it's Monday. :lol: What a dead beat!!!

8. Gutpile323

Gutpile323 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looked like a pen deer from the start with small body massive rack and not like a north Carolina buck at all.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

9. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another way to look at it, is that he is making a mockery of people putting so much emphasis on the size of a deer's antlers. He has a bunch of people all worked up over it and that may be exactly the point he was trying to make. Last laugh?, maybe.

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  11. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Exactly what i think, but Marc actually killed some nice deer to get a name before he tried his stunt. Wonder if he will come out with a ghillie suit made out of fake leaves stolen from the funeral home? Or a new mineral lick made out of Morton's Rock Salt and food coloring?

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, check out this buck I shot last night. I think it might be a new Missouri state record. Honest......

[​IMG]

13. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to have to look but I think I have a couple of trail camera photos of that deer...................... LOL.

14. tpmonaha

tpmonaha Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will be honest with you guys, I have scored deer for about 6 years now and I am not an official B &C scorer by any means but have been trained by B&C and P&Y scorers and sometimes it is difficult to see these "screws"...they aren't as obvious as some would think; however, with a case like this there are always questions that come up to what is going on. I have personally seen a couple that were "screwed" on or somehow placed on the deer and sometimes its not as obvious as it seems. I can't say for this case because of the fact we don't have any pics. But I hope that this kid gets a lessoned learned because its absolutely ridiculous. I will say that you can usually tell if something isn't "right" with the deer....just my opinion!

15. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stop that! You are making a mockery of deer hunting and being terribly disrespectful. :evilgrin:

16. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here's the original story, which has since been deleted. What a tool.

Here is what his dad commented on the story when people were doubting the legitimacy.

17. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    His dad sounds like an idiot too.

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking it reads more like the story, it's probably the kid making that post too.

If not I agree, who in their right mind would put their real phone number on a story that will be seen by thousands :lol:

19. c e w

c e w Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's a shame people think that is all there is to hunting getting the biggest an the best, Saying that I would of tried super glue.

20. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    holy crap! 95% of deer killed are farm deer? does this guy live on mars or something? maybe 95% of his and his kids deer killed come from farms is what he was trying to say? has anyone tried calling that number to see who's it is? probably a # for Ashley Madison, his dad's secret is out now!!!!

I wouldn't let him take my kids hunting in a kazillion years!