BH Tuning ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by VERMONTSTER_0341, Sep 19, 2015.

1. VERMONTSTER_0341

VERMONTSTER_0341 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So, my BHs were shooting about 1" right and 3" high at 20 and 30 yards(same POI), moved my rest left and corrected the L/R. Then I lowered my rest in small increments to lower the BH but so far the height has stayed the same. Now when I look at my arrow as it is knocked it appears to be "tip down" quite a bit and you can see that because it doesn't sit level with the berger holes. On top of that since my rest has been at its lowest point while tuning I'm starting to see some fish tailing of my arrows at the shot with the BHs, the arrows look like they are hitting the target square though. I don't think I should go any lower with my rest. Any suggestions? my set up is in my sig and DW is 70# 28 1/2" DL.

2. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    from your comments I think I would use the sight to correct the elevation and not move the rest for that.

3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes adjust sight for elevation not rest.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What kind of rest do you have? Are you sure you're not getting contact somewhere?

5. VERMONTSTER_0341

Dislikes Received:
    My FPs were hitting dead center, so to bring the BH's impact to match the FPs I would move the rest right? I was hitting right so I slightly moved my rest to the left that corrected that. So to correct the elevation from high to low I would either lower the rest or raise my nock point right? That's what I was attempting anyway.

QAD HDX there isn't a clearance issue that I have identified.

6. jewalker7842

jewalker7842 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Never move a sight to adjust for elevation. Your broadheads should be hitting with your FP. So this means you bow is not tuned correctly. Have you checkled your cam timing? It sounds like your bottom cam is hitting before your top cam. You want to make sure that the top cam that is slightly advanced of the bottom cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This. I was just going to post about cam timing and then I decided to read all the replies :) .

8. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree about cam timing. I used to think that bow tuning was an over exaggerated "myth" but I know different now. This is why I recently got a bow press, your bow changes a little as it is shot more and more and every now and then you need to tweak something a little.

9. Riverbc

Riverbc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  10. VERMONTSTER_0341

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to take it to the shop this week and see what the timing looks like. I dont have draw board or press so I'll have to do it there it also looks like I have a little cam lean on the top cam while its at rest too. Again thanks for the help!