***One-N-Done - Team #1***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by DucksUnlimitedHunter27, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is a nice buck is that a split brow or just kickers? He is awesome!! Definitely a great hitlister

2. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know, I think the right has a brow tine with a sticker and the left might be split?

3. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    It definitely looks to be!! A great buck anyway with good mass

4. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That one would definitely be on my hit list also.

5. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking spot Jeff. As you say a little more brushing in and looks like you are set. I applaud your efforts to involve your family and get them interested in your passion for the outdoors. Kids need direction today and looks like you are providing some in a positive way.

6. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Im trying man! Thanks tho these kids now days need values and morals and overall just a more positive outlook an to no there is more to life by many standards and not just all the things they are constantly bombarded with in today's society. Its a struggle but there good kids and I wouldnt have it any other way

7. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright I won't bore you all but a few highlights from my card pulls this past weekend on 2 of my properties.

First a buck we call Big 8 Kenny, I have shared him before. Awesome deer, can't imagine what he would look like next year! But he's a top 5 hit lister for sure.

[​IMG]

Next up is a new arrival and we don't have much back information on this buck other than we are very impressed. His body would suggest he is an older deer maybe pushing 5.5 or 6.5 - a ton of mass and character to his antlers. His left brow tine hooks backward so we have named him Captain Hook. He is also shedding at the base of his antler in one of the photos not an eye injury like it appears.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another decent 8 - we have a few of him, haven't put a name or hitlist tag on him yet. He's been around a few years and doesn't seem to be progressing a whole lot.

[​IMG]

Also a new arrival and hardhorned at that. Still have some research to do on what deer this is - I'm sure I know him but can't keep them all straight. The second photo is the same deer, I just lighted the photo up - both photos are taken on 9/11 and the cameras are about parallel to one another 200 plus yards apart with a large lake and woods separating them (just found this interesting).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A buck we call Spoof in velvet and then hard horned a week or two later. He comes and goes which is why I named him Spoof. Nice deer, not really on the list though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  8. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

DucksUnlimitedHunter27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Season opened in KS today. Sad I couldn't get back :( just a few more weeks here in Iowa. In going to try to pull camera tomorrow. Amazing how quick the beans turned with the cool weather. Almost harvest time

9. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice!!!!

Sent from camp fire using Tapatalk

10. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Also, I've been swamped lately. Work has been crazy going into harvest season (keeping the Deere running) so I'm trying to stay up to date with that. I have some vacation to burn coming up. I'd like to be in kS for the rut

11. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Great bucks!!

12. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking bucks Sycamore. Hope you get to score one of them while he is on the ground.

13. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    few new pics of this 12 pointer:

MFDC1813.jpg MFDC1801.jpg MFDC1801.jpg

14. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    That's a nice buck!!!

Sent from camp fire using Tapatalk

15. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    The whitetail on the right is a real wallhanger...........jackalope style.

That nice buck seems very interested in the lil bunny wabbit.

16. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    Been busy the last two days. Took down 3 of our ladder stands and put back up 2 of them. 1 more to go to get them locked in place. Didn't move them far but based upon past experience we wanted to move them to where we saw the most deer movement. One we only moved about 30 yards but to an area that as we sat in the stand last year we saw where all the deer came from and moved it to where we could cover that trail better. Got my Barronett Big Mike XL blind in today and looking forward to getting it set and brushed in. I am getting there.

17. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Twitch is that a mineral rock I see in the first few pictures? If it is how do they like it?

After a lot of internal debate I decided to break down and buy a new ladder stand. I'm getting the Muddy Odyssey. Now I'm soooooo excited I can't stand it. I have this week end off this so I hope to get a lot done like moving a stand, camoing the new one, putting it out plus pulling some cards. I have one more area to check out and put in a camera. :nana:

How's everyone else doing?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  18. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bob - it is okay, it does better in a well established mineral site that has a pretty good hole already! It doesn't do as well as a site starter if you will. As you can see in those photos that mineral site is really old - probably 10 years or so.

My favorite is DeerCane by Evolved Harvest. My deer hammer it and it creates a great mineral site. That being said, it doesn't provide a great deal of nutritional value for the deer. I don't do mineral sites for nutritional value, I do them for deer inventory and tracking.

As for the Muddy - let me know how you like it! I have 4 Muddy Outfitter hang-ons and I have 2 Muddy Vantage stands. I love Muddy products - also have a Muddy safety harness. Compared to my 2 older Lone Wolf stands, I'd choose Muddy every time!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  19. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry hadn't been on in a bit guys things have been pretty slow for me but thr opener is almost here so thats good hope you guys have a great weekend and to all that are hunting already hope you nail a good one good luck team One-N-Done. Get-r-done lol may go sew some more seed tonight before it rains.

20. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Slow here other than work. Gonna try to check my cam tomorrow it's been raining all afternoon