***B.E.T.S. - Team 5 Thread***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by dj-skyy, Aug 17, 2015.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same here nothing new. Spent some time scouting a place to hunt in NY. Had a cam out only for 3 days but got 25 doe pictures. Its a start. The area is very limited on trees I can use a stand in, even more limited for a climber and don't have time to hang a hang on. Mostly will be a ground hunting deal, and its not in the budget for a ghost blind this year. Next year this spot will work for me though! I still will give it a try this year. Its an extra either sex tag, so worth a shot and will give my farm a break here and there. Other then that, nothing new for me in the last 2 weeks. Been enjoying being home!!! I head back to work in the morning for my 2 weeks on. Will be home Wednesday night in 2 weeks, season starts Saturday. So will have enough time to settle in then hit the tree!!! Cant wait!

2. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    12021903_10156234444835144_2044483322_n.jpg

This is from my son. he just got permission on some land in Debuque IA.

3. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dubuque is like 2 hours straight east of me

4. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    SO my wife just told me that I get to go to MEMPHIS to the BPS PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry fellas. I am going to have to skip opening weekend for this trip. I have been bugging her for over 6 months to go. we got the next few weekends booked up already. then she tells me this. STOKED!.... Promise i will put a doe up on here when I get back.

5. PackerFanShootingMathews

PackerFanShootingMathews Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing really new here either. Washed clothes and hung them tonight. Opening weekend is 10 days or so... Getting close !!

6. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    100_3654.jpg

PIG DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!........... about a 200# sow. heading to the market.

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome!!!!!

8. liwhitetail

liwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all sorry I haven't been posting much. Tons of work and school and what little time I do have is for hanging stands checking cams and scouting. My season starts on the 1st of October I have about 6 shooters on camera on 4 or 5 different public spots and I know others will show up soon in spots that they haven't been during the summer months. So pumped up with these cool mornings. 12 more days!

9. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys sorry I haven't been posting at all, I've been busy settling into college and starting classes and what not. I'm back home tonight though because tomorrow starts Michigan's 2 day early antlerless season :rock: Hopefully all goes as planned and I'll be able to put a doe down either tomorrow or Sunday. Can't wait to be back in the tree! Good luck all!

10. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I moved my blinds to a different property this morning. It kind of turned into a crap shoot as to where to set them up because a hail storm took out most of the sign. Trails are barley visible if they can be seen at all, trees are beat up so any rubbing that may be starting is hidden and I can't even be 100% sure that the scat I found came from a deer. To top it off, the standing corn has been knocked down and tangled and bean fields have lost their leaves early. Any travel/feeding routes that included the fields has been changed. I'm almost back to square one with scouting.

11. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck brother!!

Ouch! That's rough man! Hope you were able to make a decent choice!

12. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    Well my dad and I doubled up on does this morning. He shot his then I shot mine about two minutes later. The problem was it started thunderstorming about 10 minutes after we shot and we ended up having to grid search for both. We found my dads but have yet to find mine. The hit looked good, theres just no blood to follow. We went to eat and are going back to search again now, wish me luck!!

13. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. I hope you find it quickly. Did you find your arrow?

14. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    Found the back half at the spot of impact. I think I hit shoulder but my arrow had a good 10-12" of penetration and had about 4" of bright red blood on the shaft.

15. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Any luck brother?

16. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    Nope :sad: looked for 8-9 hours and didn't come up with any sign. I really gave it my all to recover that deer but things just didn't come together. I still feel a bit sick to my stomach.

17. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dont beat yourself up over it too much. As much as we hate to loose something we shot, it will fit into the cycle of nature and not cause any problems. The first example I can think of is how the coyotes will prefer an easy meal to chasing down a fawn any day.

Dont get me wrong, we need to do everything we can to recover our animals and I think you did just that. I'm just saying that an unrecovered animal isn't as big of a deal as some make it out to be when you take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

18. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man if you put every effort then you cant beat yourself up to much. As mentioned above that deer wont go to waste if she is dead. Get back on that saddle or whatever they say! lol

19. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, I'll be back at it come October 1st when regular archery season opens. Its just discouraging as it was a 12 yard slam dunk and that's exactly how I treated it, I didn't take my time and rushed the shot like it was a done deal. Learning experience for sure! Always take your time no matter how close/easy the shot!

20. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about the deer, you really can't get too down on yourself if you exhausted that much effort trying to find it! Hopefully you'll have better luck come season