***Official Team 12 Thread***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Spear, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Turkeysniper511

Turkeysniper511 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hes an older man we really dont know he just gives us permission every year and hes npt a hunter so he could probaly care less lol. But im just thankful nothing was taken and just keep hunting and hope for the best.

2. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That really sucks man! I should be making my first sit in the whitetail woods either Thursday or Friday even though its going to be hot. I work Saturday evening at 6pm and there is suppose to be heat, wind, and rain all Friday and then an awesome cold front coming threw with a high of 68 on Friday and I'm wondering if its almost to early for a morning sit. Mornings are and always will be my favorite time of day to sit but I really hate over pressuring deer especially early season.

3. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Logged pieces can be really good places to hunt. They usually leave lots of tops which make great bedding areas then you also have tons of light on the ground producing more browse. Nows a good time to start thinking about how you can make deer come to you.
    It sucks you weren't notified but I'm glad they didn't ruin any equipment.

CJ good luck this week. Have fun and be safe.

4. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been very active recently. I've been busy with school. Season opens Saturday here in MN and hopefully I'll be getting some doe meat for the freezer. There is a buck we have been watching and if he continues doing the same thing he's going to be in trouble. I'm going to let my dad shot first but I won't hesitate to stick him. Its going to be a great weekend
    [​IMG]

5. Turkeysniper511

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah only bad thing is there still going at it and idk how long theyll be doing it. I did leave a stand close to it the but out of the way where there logging. So maybe ill hunt my other spot for a while and come back to it middle of october and hope there about done. Im still optimistic because i did shoot my 12 point in the spot im goin back to and this is the first year im actualy gonna put some corn and mineral blocks out there tomorow and its got standing corn on one side of the tree line and soybeans on the other and theres a creek in the middle of the treeline right by my stand where theres tracks galore so hopefully they keep coming in to drink and see my stuff i put out for them and hope they keep coming back more since theres something to come back to. I still think ill be able to at least put down a doe and thats my main goal with a kid coming in october lol. That way i at least got something lol.

6. Jeepwillys

Dislikes Received:
    Does with archery are just as good a trophy IMO. If you put out corn they will find it in no time. Hang in there brother.

7. Turkeysniper511

Dislikes Received:
    Well went today and put out corn and a mineral block at my old spot and my uncle hunts in this treeline too so i checked his cam and alot of does coming in early and late evening so im hoping i can still get it done before they cut all the crops down lol. Also got a descent buck down there on cam that i guess is my number 1 hitlister. And gonna just let the woods cool down til opening day next Saturday. Seeing that buck got me pumped again so well see what happends! Had to take a pic off the computer so its not really good but it was my uncles card so had to put it back lol. But hes not a bad buck.
    0917151410a.jpg

8. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great... all good things come to those who wait.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

9. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'll be heading out for one last visit (I thought I already did a last visit but plans have changed) to the hunting grounds to check the scouting camera, freshen up the drips on the mock scrape, do some target practice, tidy up the path to my stand, and relax by the fire for one last non-hunting camping trip before season starts next weekend. I can't believe it's almost here, I just hope all my hard work has paid off.

10. BowBecca

BowBecca Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Getting ready to stick something

11. Jeepwillys

Dislikes Received:
    Go get em Becca.

12. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok so my little buddy showed up again. This time he bought two lady friends. He barreled right past me like last weekend. They were a little more wary. The smaller of the two started to walk past the stand while the larger held close to the edge. He started straight to eating with no worries. She gets about 5 yards in front of the stand and her nose goes straight up in the air. Then she looks straight at me. What seemed like an eternity past and she finally blew and ran to the edge of the field. The spike joined her and the other doe. She had me pegged. All I could do was watch as they walked away. Least they were not completely boogered. Needless to say I need to make a few adjustments. But got a little closer. :moose:

13. Jeepwillys

Dislikes Received:
    Won't be long copper. That stone cold stare feels like they're looking into your soul. And of course you nose will start to itch. Lol.

14. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Got the adjustments done today. Now they should not be walking past me and will be out about 25 yards instead of 5. Due to lack of any bucks above age 3, the doe is now number 1 on my hit list. :)

15. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tomorrow will be my first night in the stand Im not to hopeful as I haven't been able to scout much as Ive been picking up as much overtime as possible. I'm just looking forward to a quiet night up a tree.

16. cwade3085

cwade3085 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys sorry ive been away for the last few weeks. was out west in the mountains. wasnt able to come home with the coolers full but had a great time anyways. 1 week for me till season opener here.

17. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Hope you had good luck.!!

18. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had no luck last two nights seen nothing but fawns alone. I found a new spot that is torn up with sign and three ridges run together acorns galore just don't think they are getting there till after dark, Should be a great rut spot. I did somehow manage to loose an arrow out of my quiver on my way out that I have to go back and look for. Named that spot chipmunk as there were more in one spot id ever seen in my life. Back to work for three days :(

19. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    At least you get to have fun in the woods!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

20. BowBecca

BowBecca Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Getting close