Dirty 30 Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by jfergus7, Aug 16, 2015.

1. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Siman
    That 11point is a stud any where ,good luck with him, find the doe's come the rut and you just might get lucky.
    Rocky
    For your quote on pay for a fireman(Its just the way it is for Firefighters/Paramedics. We dont get paid enough to work just one job)I have a lot of friends that are fireman and they make dang good coin. That's up here in Canada, 1st year fireman start @ 55,000,Captain 110.00 a year , luitenant 85.000

2. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm here guys. Sorry I haven't been posting much. I've been busy with my job and we are trying to sell our house. October 1st for me in IL. Can't wait to get away from the craziness of things and sit in a tree!

3. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just curious. Seeing that Siman is a firefighter/paramedic. What does everybody else do for a job? Like Siman, I am in the medical field. I am a transport/flight RN for a neonatal intensive care unit. I work 12 hour nights 7p-730a.

4. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm in the oilfield for Imperial Oil up north ,work 10 days in & 10 days out, right now I'm off work Short Term disability,probably won't go back to work seeing I'll need the other knee done after this one get's done. Wait of 7 months to see a doc,then up to 8 month wait for the operation then 6 months physio. Been off since May waiting to see a doc as of now. Need 2 knee replacements. Probably go on long term disability at the end of November. Got 27 shots off today and sited in my 30 before my arm tired out, happy with the out come. Actually my 30 was with my 20 yard pin but only at the bottom of the bullseye. Still a kill shot,can't seem to figure that one out, with my 65lbs limbs I needed a 30 yard pin and with the 50lbs limbs I don't:confused::confused:
    Rocky

5. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is true that full time fire/medics can make good money. Competition is fierce for jobs here in NE Ohio. Everything is civil service and usually its 50:1 applicants/testers per open position.

Im currently working full time in the local Cleveland Clinic ER and part time at a local Fire Department.

6. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm an work in IT Logman.

7. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I work for Bass Pro Shops, running the archery department

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am a GIS Analyst for a communications company.

Sent from my miracle pocket communication device.

9. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a regional manager in the mid-Atlantic for a winery in California.

10. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im a stay at home dad.

11. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys I know I sound like a broken record but 3 teams have now missed out on points because they don't have the correct pictures to submit. Make sure you take the time to get the photo's you need!!!

12. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    I am a school custodian

13. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes dad. ;-)

Sent from my miracle pocket communication device.

14. Matt/TN

Dislikes Received:
    Give everyone a refresher on what's required if you don't mind. I know it's posted but it can't hurt to post it here

15. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good ideas guys. I've seen it happen way too many times

16. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Not Going Out Tomorrow
    Was going to hunt tomorrow but I need to be here for my Daughter's dinner and Bday Celabration! Should have gone tonight but I couldn't find 1/2 my hunting clothes. Seems my wife took the liberty to put them some where that I wouldn't find them. Got them now!LOL Shot yesterday after my work out and could only loose 11 arrows. Tried to site in with my lumanocks. Did it ,but wow what a eye opener shooting them. Sure makes it easy finding your flight of the arrow. Like it! A couple more days to strengthen and get more steady. Should time it perfect for rattling them in and the rut of the Moose. That'll be on right now till mid October.
    Rocky

17. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am the hunting manager for scheels. The largest sports store in Illinois. Matt, how are u factory staff for mathewsn, when bass pro doesnt carry Mathews? I was wondering that a while ago, but since we are on a team I figured I could ask. I'm not trying to be an As$, I was just curious. Also, What do you tell customers when they ask you what do you shoot?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  18. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Wow just realized we went an entire day without a team post. Well my ground blind arrived so hope to get it out in the woods all setup and brushed in this weekend and have a few cameras I need to check and a few more to put out. Good luck to you few luck S.O.B's that are already hunting. Can't wait to start getting text messages!

19. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a peach tree that is just loaded with peaches this year. For the last 3 or 4 nights miss momma doe has been bringing her babies into feed. Snapped this last night sitting on the front porch.

[​IMG]

20. Matt/TN

Dislikes Received:
    It's actually a non-issue with them. I'm guessing that's mainly because what we sell and Mathews are not exactly competing for the same customer.

If someone asks me what I shoot, I tell them. To be perfectly honest, it probably gets us more service work than we can handle at times. I try to not work on many bows any more and let my techs handle it unless they're not sure about something.

I brought some business with me when I went to Bass Pro a little over a year ago (new store) because I have been involved in a couple archery shops and hunting retail stores for several years. A couple of the shops I worked for previously were actually Mathews dealers too.

I never bring up and tell any customers that I'm on Mathews Factory Staff though. I'll just say I have a couple different bows when they ask what I shoot.

I've been heavily involved in the local and national target archery scene since 2008 and have been extremely fortunate. I shoot all the ASA's (for the most part) and shoot Semi-Pro. I've been fortunate enough to have many top 10s, a few podiums and a win in 2013 which lead me to switch from PSE and sign with Mathews.

You're a lucky man because Scheels is an awesome store. It's all the best of a Bass Pro and a local shop combined. Being able to carry all the brands is really nice! To be honest with you, I don't enjoy working on bows much any more, I just love retail.