Did man really land on the moon?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by P.Smash, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Buckaholic84

Buckaholic84 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would really like to think we did. But the space race was so big I think russia would want to step on the moon too just to say they could also. I just dont see why we would be the only ones to do it. And why havent we done it or anybody else since. Id like to believe we did tho.

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^LOL^ My Dad and Grand Dad says they never did. I really don't are to tell you the truth.

3. Sound Barrier

Sound Barrier Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah just stay on earth and spam websites.

5. P.Smash

P.Smash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm not sure man has stepped foot on the moon......I mean, why haven't we gone back? With the advances of today why wouldn't we further explore the moon? Might be new elements, metals, ores that can be useful to mankind.....just think, Moon metal broadheads...:tu:

Not to mention all the free cheese :p

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You do realize the we went to the moon more than once right?

http://mentalfloss.com/article/12379/12-men-who-walked-moon

7. P.Smash

P.Smash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not in last 43 years........they prolly tore the lunar set down in Hollywood Dec. 8th 1972

8. Il_public_land_hunter

Il_public_land_hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For those who said we didn't have that good of technology right before this then how could get there. You do realize that stealth technology has been around since the earlier 7os right? Microwaves, satellite, radar. All extremely early inventions that helped pave the way. Heck just think about the last 15yrs how much technology has erupted. We now have cell phones that are smaller than a pack of cigarettes, hover boards (back to the future called that right. And for you cubs fans its looking good on this one too). Shoot in the 69s they even had flying personal vehicles. Not to mention the technology that was in all the fight jets of the day. And the fastest plane on the planet at that time. Which btw still holds all speeds records of manned flight. And that plane has been retired since 93 and they still have not said how fast it would truly go.

9. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure you listed one piece of technology that actually makes a lunar trip do-able? There's a big difference between low orbital supersonic (stealth) flight and strapping your butt to a rocket and blasting off on a trip to the moon, landing on it, taking back off and shooting back off to make the 239,000 mile trip back to earth and landing safely. All in craft that was pieced together by the lowest bidder, lol. It also had to weather intense radiation and temperature variations with basically a tin foil lining. If they did it, it was more than incredible.

10. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Right, they found out what they wanted to know about the moon and have moved on to different objectives. Just as impressive as the moon landing is the Russian space station. Being able to launch a space craft, dock it to the space station, live in it for extended periods of time, then return home safely is also an incredible feat. Are we going to say this is a conspiracy too?

11. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Why WOULD it be faked? you internet rocket scientists with your theories crack me up!!
    Let me guess 9/11 was faked too right? My uncle in law isn't really dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Again, huge difference between low earth orbit and working there as opposed to making a round trip to the moon. IN low earth orbit they're still somewhat protected by earths magnetic shield and docking with a station isn't nearly as complicated as plotting a trajectory to and back from a moving object 239,000 miles away. A trip to the moon means passing through the Van Allen belts, one of which they just discovered back in Feb of 2015. How did they know if they had adequate shielding for the astronauts? They didn't even know what standards to engineer for let alone how to be sure to manage for it.

You're sure prone to jumping to silly comparisons when you discount someone's opinion.

Why wouldn't it be faked? Far easier and cheaper to fake it than to actually do something that may be nearly impossible (which may be the third reason). It's been said that the temperature changes and radiation exposures would be so extreme out past earths protections that it would literally take a lead box, that we are incapable of getting to orbit, to be able to survive the voyage. They didn't do much testing or exploratory projects to determine those dangers for sure so how did they discount them or allow for them? Nuclear plant disasters here on the ground show our level of ability to deal with high radiation levels...we can't deal with them here on the ground let alone in space. Either travel into outer space is not as hazardous as we've been told or there's been a good level of trickery involved.

13. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are giving them way too much credit, I am not even sure we have a moon.

14. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Everything is a lie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Funny thing some guy tried to tell me that the moon actually controls the ocean levels, and then he really tried to really tell me a whopper and said the moon influences deer behavior.

16. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I feel it's a fair comparison. If it sounds silly to you....imagine how silly you sound to everyone else. I have a hard time believing the government would spend billions and employ thousands just to fake something...oh wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. P.Smash

P.Smash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Doesn't sound silly to me.....sounds a lot like common sense :tu:

18. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Of course we landed on the moon. How do you think Hillary got here?

19. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Why would they fake Apollo 13 then? To show incompetence?

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They were going to leak the entire scam, so they were eliminated.