Cast Aluminum Options

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by tynimiller, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The answer is Kifaru. Haha...........

On a side note, I know the owner Patrick at Kifaru. They host their East Coast Rendezvous at my camp in NY every year and I've hung out with him several times there. Great guy, company, and products.

2. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went with LW for three reasons 1 the weight rating 2 the overall stand weight 3 made in the USA I contacted them and got a blem scratch and dent for a considerable savings and would have purchased used if need be before I went to a foreign copy. I do the same with anything that is available and made in the USA. I do agree competition is good and needed I do my best to support made in the USA

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not that I need competition on them, but I've bought a lot of used LW's on ebay as well. I average about $160 or so on my stands that I buy this way.

4. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed! I'm huge on the USA part. You named all the reasons I went to LW. Great to deal with and top quality items.

5. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm all about buying american when I can, but, I also work hard for my money and want the best bang for my buck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    xop climbing sticks are 34" and 3.2 lbs, if you wanted to update your list

7. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    Where are they available?

Sorry to completely derail your thread ty, but n it does seem they are available now. Around 150 for a 4 pack. I think the muddy sticks arebout, for me at least, due to not being able to buy a single.

I will let you know how I like the xop after iv hunted with it a bit ty

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  8. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wanted to add, I called XOP last week. I got an immediate answer from cody. I asked him if the new climbing sticks were available and HE SAID YES. at Cabelas. Went to cabelas and there are no where there. Couldn't he have told me, "Sorry bud. it will be a few more weeks because we ran into unexpected road blocks that we hope to get over here soon." I just hate being lied too.
    I really really want the new XOP climbing sticks but I am just about to fold and get the Lone wolf. I can technically get the 4pc lone wolf climbing sticks for less than the XOP ones. Anyone wanting lone wolf stuff should really look at Eders.com ( no i am not paid to say it. ) That place is the best place that I have found that sells lone wolf for a steal. ( Yes you have to buy the 25 dollar membership) But I have saved WAY more than the 25 dollars in the long run.

For example, I can by the Lone wolf Alpha II for 187 brand new. For being the member you get more than 20% off lone wolf products. I can actually get Lone Wolf and Xop at the same price. If i can get it at the same price, Why would there be a decision to by American or not?

9. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    New Update: Cabelas Has the climbing Sticks for XOP.

10. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    I saw the xop in stock at field supply for 150.
    Eders burned me on the return policy. Ordered a jacket that didn't fit right. Tried on, tags left on, same packaging, $30 bucks to return, plus shipping and insurance.

11. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, I'm a LW fan boy. I've got an original Sit and Climb and an Assault hang-on with LW sticks. I don't ever see me buying another stand.

12. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I buy all Lonewolf. I have used them for years and Dan and the guys have been really good to me. Customer service means everything to me and from what I understand you cannot get it from XOP. I don't mind paying good money for something I trust my life with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. bz5119

bz5119 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone tried out leverage stands and sticks? I saw one at the bow shop by my place today and it looked pretty nice.

14. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've honestly heard better things customer service wise about them than XOP of late...however I've yet to see one in person nor do I know whether made in US or over seas like all but LW of the options I am aware of.

15. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have no issue with XOP and I think they are making some nice stuff these days. However I am very happy with both my LW Handclimber and Assault with 4 sticks that I have no reason to change.

16. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like people get too caught up on made in the U.S. For lone wolf. I've rarely seen it in any other equipment conversation, other than comparing lone wolf to something else.

17. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Someone finally said it! haha

18. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Read my post above. I don't care about USA as much as customer service and trusting my life to something. When I call Lone Wolf anytime during business hours I get a live person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've never had a problem getting in touch with XOP. I also think people compare them to LW too much when they are not even close to the operation size of LW

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like a product that's made in the USA as long as it's good quality and competitively priced. In a perfect world, we would build everything over here, but we know that's just not the world we live in. I don't really look at Lone Wolf and hold them up on any pedestal because they are made in the USA. They were just like every other company and sold out to higher profit margins by trying to outsource the parts to China. The only difference is that China couldn't make a quality cast aluminum platform, that forced Lone Wolf to bring the production back to the USA. If China had been able to offer a quality parts source, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

With that said, Lone Wolf makes a superior product. They are easily the quietest stand I've used. They lock on to the tree and are rock solid once installed. Again, probably the best I've used. The Alpha II has a very nice large platform and the seat is large enough I don't feel like I'm sliding off like many other stands I've sat in. I wouldn't exactly call the Alpha II and 4 sticks light, but it's very portable. The sticks are very nice, and install quickly and I feel safe using them. Really the only thing I have found to complain about them is the price tag.