Search for new bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by M.Scott27, Sep 11, 2015.

1. M.Scott27

M.Scott27 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been looking for a new bow for a while now. I've narrowed my choices down to the Mathews creed xs, Hoyt nitrum 30, and the Hoyt factor 30. I'm leaning towards the creed for the fact I'm a little fella(5'8) and its more compact. What's you guys' opinion?

2. OBrien33

OBrien33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Having used a 33.5" ata bow for the past several years and switching to the creed xs, I have found that it gives me a little better freedom when hunting from the stand and ground blind. Being only 5'9" myself it definitely feels more comfortable.

3. Matt Jensen

Matt Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just recently bought an elite synergy. I would recommend looking at one.

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i just got the elite energy 32. At least go shoot the Elites. I went in to buy a creed and walked out with elite after shooting both side by side

5. Buckaholic84

Buckaholic84 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree shoot as many bows as you can and dont make a decision until you shoot em. Way too many great bows out there. I agree shoot the elites i almost bought one but i liked the arena a little better and ive pretty much always been a mathews guy. So many good bows out there it is a tough choice. And for hunting reasons i am loving the 30.5 ATA.

6. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No offense, but you guys don't know if he already shot an Elite and ruled it out. He said he narrowed it to 3 bows, that makes me suspect he has done his homework. Maybe he didn't but these threads where a guy says "I like 'x' and y' bows" and everybody says " No! You have to shoot bow 'b' " always makes me LOL.

I have a Faktor 30 and like it a lot. It is no speed demon, but very smooth, and it holds great for a shorter bow.

7. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a 39 inch target bow a ton and it makes my 35 inch hunting bow seems tiny. Don't think I could deal with any shorter of an AtA. And in fact I'd go longer if I wasn't in love with my hunting bow. And I should add that I'm also not a big guy at a little more than 5' 10"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like Mathews but if you can get a nitrum 30 or a creed I would get the nitrum 30. The nitrum 34 wouldn't be a bad choice either.

9. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha i guess you have a point there. I must just be really excited about my new bow :lol:

10. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would get an elite over the creed any day :)

11. jtreat

jtreat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i went out to look at the Mathew bows and was not blown away by them. I ended up getting the Nitrum turbo and just could not get comfortable shooting it. I ended up taking it back and got the new Chill X and love it. I had shot a Mathews for years and just could not get used to the Hoyt. I guess the moral of this story is that if you have shot a brand for a long time there is probably a reason why do not fix what is not broken.

12. noah3036

noah3036 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Those are all great bows. I have a Nitrum 30 and I love it for tree stand hunting because of the 30 in. ata.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

13. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting my new Nitrum30 all summer and I can tell you that I never thought I would shoot a bow as accurately as I'm shooting this thing. I was stepping down from a 32" ata and assumed it would be a slight loss in accuracy but with all of the new features on this thing you can't go wrong.

14. jd4055

jd4055 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nitrum is a sweet shooting bow! Definitely couldnt go wrong with it.

15. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Back in 2012 I thought I needed a new bow. Up to that point I had been shooting a Mathews Switchback XT. I went to a local bow shop looking to get a new bow. The guy in the bow shop told me that, at the time, Mathews didn't have a "better" bow. So I believe completely in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it." I'm glad I didn't buy a new bow. My XT isn't the fastest bow but it is a tack driver and it fits me. I'm sure there are better bows now days but with 2 kiddos, a wife and a new farm, there are more important things.
    IMO, shoot what you like and what fits you.