***Official Team 12 Thread***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Spear, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ouch, that looks like it hurt. Cool buck though.

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Liking what you guys are putting up. This year is gonna be a Hail Mary for me. Just going to hope a nice buck comes cruzing by when they start chasing.

Saturday is the opener so 3 days and a wake up!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  3. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Ok just finished a session in the yard. Shot 3 different broadheads and all are grouping together. Shot a kill zone practice head, grave digger and a slick trick and all are good out to 60 yards.

4. Turkeysniper511

Turkeysniper511 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My bdays next monday so my mother in law got me a 40 dollar gift card to cabelas so went and put money with it and got me some new arrows the easton fmj's. Pretty excited to shoot them tomorow because ive heard alot of good about them. Then maybe a day next week i may check cams and practice shooting alittle out of my trrestand with the new arrows and be ready for opening day! Not long from now!

5. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tomorrows the day boys and girls. Its supposed to top off in the mid 60's Lows in the mid 40's. Slight chance of a shower Saturday.
    Went yesterday to a new spot to put a cam out, good ridge leading up to a plot the neighbor has in.
    Talked to him and he doesn't care what side of the fence I shoot on. Said to give him a holler if I need any help dragging something out. :rock: Nice guy.
    I'm as Giddy as a little school girl.

6. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went out scouting a couple new properties this morning with cmonsta. Two were public land and one private that butts up to one of the public areas. Boy did we find a honey hole on the private property! I need to get a Ghost Blind and get in there October 1st and kill a deer. On our way in we saw 5 doe in a field... they could care less that we were in an inside corner watching them.

7. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody heading out tomorrow be safe and good luck. If you see something you like.... Let that arrow fly!!! :tu:

8. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's great, I didn't know you guys knew each other. Are you friends or related? Sorry if I missed this mentioned elsewhere...

9. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We met last year when we were on the same team in the contest. I live in NY ~ 10 miles from the PA border. John lives in PA (about 37 miles from me as the crow flies). He actually lives in the area where my wife's family came from. We met at the local archery shop near Horseheads (it's one of the largest Mathews' shops in the USA) one afternoon and got to know each other.

I hope he can connect with a good one this year ... me too actually, but I'll settle for two doe if that's all God presents me with.

10. PaBowhunter

PaBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was on a team with John a couple of years ago, he only lives about 15 minutes from me. And Barrett's is an awesome bow shop...

11. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Ok status report for today. Had a spike under my stand for an hour today. Just before that I saw a doe but she remained well out of ethical range at 90 yards. Cameras seem to have nothing but spikes and fork horns. Oh well guess it is time to sit back and wait.

12. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    At least you're seeing stuff, that's always good. It's still a bit warm yet. I'm jealous...I have 14 days to go still!

13. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you ever come up this way... let me know and we can meet at Barrett's (it is awesome!!!)

14. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey boys I've got a lot of posts to read and catch up but just got back from colorado where I was lucky enough to take my first archery elk! The story and pics are on the main bowhunting forum but now its time to zone in on some whitetails and I plan on sitting before the end of this week!

15. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just saw the other thread. AWESOME!! Congrats!

16. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like everyone getting fired up and having fun, that's what it's all about:)

17. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well. I had some pipes for the shower start leaking. Got up early Saturday, went to lowes when they opened to get supplies. Was hoping to have it done by 1:30 or so and hunt in the afternoon. Complete night mare. I basically gutted the old stuff and had to start over. Whoever did it before me used the scrap bin to put it together. 9:30 that evening i was done. Both literally and metaphorically.
    So needless to say I didn't get out in the woods but tomorrows another day. Have a good week everyone.

Worst part was my wife came up to me about the time I was finishing and asked how much it would have cost to have a plumber do it. I said $300-400, She said, Oh I figured with the money you saved you could've went and bought a new bow, guess not. ("FacePalm")

18. copperhead

Dislikes Received:

My translation after all that you deserve a new bow. :tu:

19. Turkeysniper511

Turkeysniper511 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys i hope i can still contribute to the team but i got bad news... Went to do some last minute cutting couple shooting lanes and went down to the stand and i noticed big old dirt tractor paths through the woods. As i got closer trees galore cut down everywhere and i notice a lonley tree with my stand on it and i was like man. Ive hunted this woods for 6 years and just now firgured out the best spot in the woods and they go and log it. So i went from in my head thinking im gaurenteed at least a doe to idk and that well just have to see what happends. Good thing was though they didnt take my stands or cams and left them up so i cant be completely mad. Im back in the treeline where i killed my 12 point 2 years ago and i just gotta hope for the best. It looks really good but with it being a tree line you never know when your gonna see them. Just gotta hope i can still get it done.

20. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dang, that sucks. Why didn't they tell you it was going to be logged?