Alps Pathfinder Pack

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Bullseye, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Bullseye

Bullseye Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I know there have been a few threads recently about this pack, but I just wanted to add a few things. I have struggled with finding a single pack to haul in all my hunting and filming gear, but I have to say I think this one is going to work out perfect, so thanks to those of you for recommending it.

One of the only minor complaints I had was that it didn't have a handle. It has one built in if you're using it as a fanny pack only, but not with the backpack. I'm used to using one to pick it up with, and also to hang it from while up in the tree. As I was looking over the pack, I noticed two female buckles that weren't being used near the top. So I had an idea to just make my own handle out of paracord. Here's the handle I just made (my first attempt with doing anything with paracord).

IMAG1313.jpg
    IMAG1311.jpg

I also decided to go ahead and pick up the camera accessory pack. Even though the Pathfinder already has plenty of storage, I liked the idea of having a separate padded pack just for my camera. Easily accessible, not having to worry about it getting damaged, and only $20. My only concern was that it wouldn't be big enough. However, it has turned out to be the perfect size for my setup. I can fit my Canon G10 along with my Sennheiser MKE 400 shotgun mic attached in it. This may not work for some of you guys with bigger setups, but it's perfect for me. There are four buckles on the camera bag where it attaches to the front of the pack, so it carries just below your chest. Here are some pictures for reference:

IMAG1314.jpg
    IMAG1315.jpg
    IMAG1316.jpg
    IMAG1321.jpg

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks good. I just ordered one of their new packs. The Traverse X. Can't wait to get a look at it. I'm thinking it will work for some of my extended trips.

3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. txbowhunter13

txbowhunter13 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How are you liking that camera arm?! Glad you like the pack!

5. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Where did you buy the buckles? Was there a certain size

6. Bullseye

Bullseye Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Season hasn't opened here yet, but my initial impression is that I'm really going to like the camera arm. I've been hanging it on some trees around the house to get familiar with it, and I really like the design. It's quick and easy to set up, super sturdy, and has a really long reach. When I first got it, my initial concern was the overall length and it was a little heavier than I was expecting. But after putting it in this new pack, it fits and packs in it really well. I plan to start a thread with some pictures and more thoughts on the arm when I get some time.

7. Bullseye

Bullseye Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Actually, I sent an email to Alps explaining to them what I had in mind and asked them where I could purchase a couple of the buckles. They emailed me back and offered to send them to me for free! So within a couple days, they showed up in the mail. Can't ask for better customer service than that, especially when it seems like good customer service is becoming harder and harder to come by.

8. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ill probably do the same! Thank you!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk