Wicked tree saw.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Stickit05, Aug 25, 2015.

1. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol , I knew you'd come around ;)

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've looked over the website pretty extensively the last couple weeks as I was making my purchasing decision. I don't see where he is advertising anything about these being made in the USA. Maybe I'm missing something. I can pretty much guarantee your not going to be able to find me a product that has every single component and materials come from the USA. We live in a global world.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I know we live in a global economy it does not change the fact that something is claimed to be made in the USA, when it is assembled in the USA out of foreign parts. I do not have a problem with foreign components just taking liberty with the statement made in the USA to influence people to buy things that they believe it means it is a 100% US made product.

4. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    How do you know what parts are and what parts are not made in the USA? Are the blades made in the USA, how about the saw's cast Aluminium body? I don't know, just asking the question. Made in the USA was not the driving factor in my purchase. Being over built was.

By saying that something is made it the USA, it infers that it was not imported as a complete product into the USA. Ford's, Chevy's proudly announce to the world that they are made in the USA, but I'd venture to guess 90% of the components are imported.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is a mute point now the website has changed.

6. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My pole saw had a made in the USA sticker on it.

7. Stickit05

Stickit05 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the info guys. Seems like for the most part everyone has had good luck with them so I'll have to try them out. They are a little pricey but I'd rather pay more for something that works.

8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The majority of it is made in the US, including all of the pole sections, which is why the sticker is on it. A few pieces of the saw itself are made overseas. The entire thing is built (assembled), packaged, stored and shipped here in the US.

If you're looking for an extendable pole saw that is built for run-and-gun type hunting you can't beat the Wicked. In that niche it's hands down the best option. Yes, if you get the blade stuck in a limb and play tug-of-war with it the poles may slip a little bit. Such is the nature of any pole saw that doesn't have a locking mechanism on the sections including 95% of the saws I've owned in my life. I certainly don't think it makes the saw suck or not be worth the investment.

Now if you don't mind spending an arm and a leg on larger saws that are big and cumbersome to carry around you can find ones that may be a little sharper or longer or stiffer. I personally own a 21' Silky and it's the cat's meow for off-season trimming and duties that require the extended reach. But I'll tell you once October comes and I'm on the prowl looking to hang a new set and trim it in a hurry I've got my Wicked pole saw 10 out of 10 times.

For the money I think their new Ultra Light saw is tough to beat in it's size range. Now that the saw disconnects from the pole and can be used as a hand saw you really only need to carry this one item with you on a run-and-gun setup. $100 for the 10 foot version is a good deal and most places are carrying the 14 footer for under $150.

9. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    I just got my package in today. I actually did a first impressions video of it for my page. I'll post a link to it once I get it all edited up. It's pretty much everything I had expected. I ran out and did some test cuts in the fence row and was pretty impressed. I cut both locust and hedge up to about 3 1/2" diameter. It cut the locust like nothing. The hedge too some more work, but still better than what I've been used to using. I did get the blade pinched in the largest piece of hedge I cut when it split about halfway through the cut. I was able to get it out without any real issue. The highest branch I cut was probably about 16 feet off the ground.

10. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Which one did you get?

I do love my handsaw, and contemplating adding a pole saw as well.

Tom, is that the saw you brought to the gtg a few years ago?

11. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    12' wicked pole saw

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

12. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Regular one I assume?

I'm curious about the ultra light if anyone knows...I think they come in 10' and 14' options.

13. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A buddy of mine has a hooyman he is ranting and raving about it

14. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thought I got the 14' ultra light but Cabelas had it mislabeled online and it was the 10'. It's still in the package. Hoping to use it this weekend while hanging a few sets.

15. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    Matt the Ultra Lights are nice.

16. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Which one do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    10 ft Ultra and two hand saws, for the price I don't think you can go wrong, and frankly I have beat the crap out of it this summer including having it come out of the back of my truck @ 60mph. Its a champ!

18. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thtats the one I was looking at...it's plenty long enough?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    Has been so far, my stands aren't 20-30ft though so take that into consideration. Most mine are closer to 16

20. WKPTodd

WKPTodd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the comments and support guys. For the record; we don't claim our hand saws are made in the USA. We specifically say Assembled in the USA with US and Foreign Parts.

Our pole saws are Made in the USA with US and Foreign parts. There is simply no way to make a 100% USA made product with saws guys. We get the best products we can, for the best price we can, and keep it in the US whenever humanly possible.

100% of our products are inspected/ packaged/ and shipped in the USA. We are the only saw company in the world that can say that! Thanks, Todd