***Whitetail Whackers- Team 23 Thread***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Shane0709, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear of your dog passing Chad. When any part of the family goes it is sad. Definitely in my prayers for comfort and joy.

My strategy is open to change. Hunting a lot of public here in texas and arkansas hoping to get it done. I will shoot a doe if she gives me a broadside shot but I won't force it. Hoping to find a big buck lurking in the back of our public lands. I also might get permission to hunt in the red river bottoms in all the agriculture fields so i am keeping my fingers crossed. I know there are some giants in there.
    Good luck brothers!

2. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Team name really doesn't matter to me, I'm just here to have fun. I think Air-row Jordan is funny. I don't care what anyone else thinks. Whatever you guys decide is fine with me though.

3. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on your second child and nice buck! What are you guys doing down there in KY? I see nice bucks coming from there all the time now. Was looking for some public ground down there a couple years ago to try but never could decide. Checked out the LBL area and some others.

4. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing wrong with public ground. This is my second season with a 220 acre lease but when Nov. hits I'm back to the public ground I've hunted for over 25 years now. I've taken 99% of my bucks from there. It's bowhunting only so that really helps. For the last 3 seasons I've taken a buck out of the same tree. I think the keys to my success is I'm the first person at the lot every morning, I go deep, stay in my tree all day and just being persistent. It also helps that my work week is Friday to Sunday. I get to hunt Monday thru Thursday. They're not Booner bucks but they get my heart pounding. I'll see if I can post a pic of the one I got last year.

5. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

2014 Public Ground

6. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like whitetail warriors and whitetail whackers and adrenaline addicts. These are good. Anyone else got suggestions?

7. seangarchery

seangarchery Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's a nice buck scowd, especially for public ground. I wouldn't have passed that one.

8. _andrewgiles_sio

_andrewgiles_sio Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Air-row Jordan for me....don't care what people from other teams say haha

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk

9. seangarchery

seangarchery Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm really pumped. I just hung my last stand I needed to hang before season. I hung it in a small opening in a thicket over looking some oak trees. I have another stand near the edge of the thicket I can hunt with a NW wind about 50 yds away. I hung this one today for a different wind direction. I have several pics of a few shooters real close to this thicket. I was putting in screw in steps in this tree and I was prob 18 ft in the air trying to put in another step and I caught movement in the thicket near my other stand about 40 yards away. It was a nice buck feeding in the thicket. I watched him for 15 min or better while i was standing on a screw in step. I don't believe I spooked him. The wind was in my favor. He had at least 8 points. Best look I got of him his head was down feeding facing my direction. I'm ready for season to get here!

10. stillmanchad

stillmanchad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Public or private that's a great buck! It's easy to get caught up in all the oopla of shooting giants. I don't have giants on my properties so I set realistic expectations for my season in what I can/should harvest

11. stillmanchad

stillmanchad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What are everyone's facebook, instagram names? Let the friend requests fly!
    FB Chad Joseph
    Insta Stillmanchad

12. Acts of the wolf

Acts of the wolf Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well this year is my first year using a crossbow, I know some of you guys are probably against them but that's what I can use now. Last year I didn't hunt much due to injury, this year I had a lumbar fusion and feel shat loads better. Hoping to be in stand constantly like I used to be.

13. Sconley81

Sconley81 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea KY is getting up there with some big bucks in the last few years. Western KY is really producing well. I entered into the LBL quota, still waiting to see if I get drawn. I hunt 1 small private tract and 2 publics here in my county.

14. Acts of the wolf

Dislikes Received:
    Also, whitetail warriors for me too.

15. Sconley81

Sconley81 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    20150819_152729.jpg

This isn't one of my shooters from last year but the biggest buck I had on camera from a card pull today. Still have 2 others cards to go through so hopefully I have a couple other shooters on the property.

16. Acts of the wolf

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck Sconley

17. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice deer fellas!!! I've got to be realistic on many of the properties I hunt as well... Luckily, I drew my IA archery tag this year - it's been around 4 years since I drew last so looking forward to spending most of my rut hunting in the land of the giants! Beyond that - I've got some decent bucks that made it through hunting season last year that should be hanging around my home stomping grounds...

18. Shane0709

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellas. Before anything, let's have everybody say what name they like best. I just want everybody to be in agreement with the name. Thanks guys. If there is anything I can do or haven't done please let me know, and I will do my best to keep everybody happy.:rock:

19. Shane0709

Dislikes Received:
    Also, Great buck Chad. My Instagram and Facebook names are the same. Shane cloonan

Due to my schedule I will be on less frequently, but still at least once or twice a day.

20. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Facebook: Aaron Michael Jones
    Instagram: aaron_jones22
    The name isn't that big of a deal to me. Im fine with whatever.
    I am just excited to be in the woods again doing what I love, hunting. If i shoot a monster, I will be excited. If i shoot a just barely legal buck, I will be just as excited. I have put in a lot of hours so just shooting any deer will be rewarding. September 26 for Arkansas and October 3 for texas cannot get here soon enough!