outta the blue question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bo., Aug 17, 2015.

1. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    any of yall hunt coyotes with the mojo critter? is it effective at all at night? or is just calling effective

2. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Calling at night is tough stuff, even with a spotlight and an AR with a big scope and light mounted on it also. I made 6-8 stands with a friend during the early months of the year and even with a full moon it was tricky seeing what we heard moving around when the call turned off. It does add a whole new intensity though! Open field at critter level in the pitch dark with howls and all sorts of noises around you sure is awesome and chilling. Never tried a decoy just used our Foxpro Firestorm with various sounds

3. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We run a fox pro with the wood pecker motion thing on there. We hunt at night and late evenings it'll get there attention off you and give you some wiggle room. This was one of our most exciting sits, of course as rookies we screwed up!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use a mojo critter for all of my coyote hunting. Haven't tried it at night yet but on full moon nights, I think it would be killer!

5. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  6. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    great videos guys!!!

7. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Mojo Critter and a Foxpro Hellfire. As Nick_P said, it adds a lot more intensity..that's an understatement, it's flat out scary. I've only been a few times, all by myself because no one else wants to go but I would think that if you had at least half a moon, they yote would at least be able to pick up on the movement. However, don't be confused; the decoy is simply to attract his attention else where - away from you - not to bring him in. Be on your game when yote hunting, as I'm sure you know, they're very smart, hence, Wily Coyote. Join the Predator Masters forum, there are a lot of smart predator guys on there. Goodluck