Work out plan?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Jeffrey Jones, Aug 12, 2015.

1. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I swim every day it's a lot easier on my joints my new digs has a In ground pool which is work just keeping it clean but is fun at the same time.

2. JiAnthony315y

JiAnthony315y Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I do crossfit. Been doing it about 2 years now and have lost 35 lbs. I train for my line of work. I like the intensity and the endurance factor of crossfit. Im not the strongest person but I dont really care to be. Im about 10% body fat and dont give out of breath walking to my stands anymore. It also alot easier to drag deer by myself than it used to be.

We workout at least 5 days a week and also we incorporate our bow shooting and pistol shooting into some of our workouts. Its great training to shoot with your heart rate up as your heart rate is going to go through the roof when that big buck walks out 20 yards from you.

3. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If I do an actual "workout" I'll play some basketball. Other than that I don't do much real workout stuff. I'm down to 166 from 215 and most of its from eating less and at the right time. I can't eat half as much as I used to. I was about 5'6" when I was 215 so you can imagine what I looked like. Right now I'm 5'9" 166 and I feel a lot better. I guess you could say it has gave me more confidence and now I get good looks from the ladies and eew :lol:.

4. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know thats right man great job thats a significant drop but seems like you grew out of it in gonna try dieting and a friend was asking me about play in ball recently so I may go this weekend

5. Woods

Woods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use to drink a lot of pop and eat crap (fast food frequently). I still eat normal meals now (a lot more veggies and fruits for snacks) rarely eat fast food and no sugar drinks at all. Try and run/jog/speed walk treadmill 2-4 times a week 30 min -1 hour. Lost 14 lbs in 2 months. 46 more to go to being my high school skinny self. 31 yrs old now. Trying to lose just 1-2 lbs a week to keep from getting baggy skin (what i've read online). Already noticed hiking through woods and hanging stands is much easier cause of weight loss and cardio/muscle improvements from exercise. When I shoot a deer i'm gonna throw it over my shoulder and run out of the woods! ok maybe not....

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  6. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I spend about 45 minutes to an hour in the weight room every day. I mix it up depending on what muscle group is least sore that day. Only constant is Leg Day twice a week. Beyond that I run a few miles 2-4 times a week and try to squeeze in at least two 1-2 hour hikes twice a week. It helps that I have mountains out my back door. Flattop is 1400 ft elevation climb in 1.5 miles and its 5 minutes from my back door. Great way to get the heart going by trying to beat your best time up and back.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think the best fitness plan is what you put in your body. I am 49 and well I am trying not to feel it. No more fast food, no more processed foot, no more soda, plenty of fruits and veggies, no more beer. You may think well that doesn't sound like any fun, well obesity, diabetes, heart problems etc do not appeal to me. I do not have any of those problems just trying to keep them away.

8. T-Mill

T-Mill Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been running a couple miles 1-2 times a week and doing T25 and have made some changes to my diet. I didn't have a lot of weight to lose in the beginning but I have dropped about 7 pounds since I started back in late June, and most importantly I feel like I am in the best shape I have been in since high school.

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do cardio in the morning and weight train in the evening 4-5 days a week.

10. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Insanity. I did it my sophomore year in college after soccer season ended - my metabolism was still way up, I got lazy and put on a lot of weight fast. 180lbs at my playing weight to 218lbs in just a few months. I started doing it with the football team, bought the set for myself and did it in my dorm room 4-5 days a week and lost 33 pounds in a month and half. Although it probably wasn't healthy and I knew better, I felt like crap about myself. Eggs for breakfast, spinach salads for lunch and protein heavy dinners with nothing white e.g. bread, pasta, rice, etc... and water, water, water.