crazy hunting stories

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bo., Aug 11, 2015.

1. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    how about the big flocks of Chick-a dee dee dee dee........ Chick-a dee dee dee

HAHA :) I always get surrounded by them

2. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Once during rifle season with my cousin, there were fighter jets doing their training above us. This was normal. I was walking over to him to go get breakfast when I had to crawl under a bush. I was half way thru, on my belly, and one of the jets broke the sound barrier. I felt the concussion in my chest and thought I shot myself. I rolled over and started ripping my clothes of looking for the blood. Scared the living hell out of me.

3. ILbowhunter

ILbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was in the stand one evening and started seeing a raccoon pop his head out of tree maybe 15 feet in front of me. He wasn't too sure about me, and continued to look at me, go back in the tree, check on me again, and so on for about a half hour.
    Finally he gets courageous enough to come all the way out and start creeping down his tree to a branch that overlapped a branch of my tree. I tried to scare him off as quietly and motionless as I could, but he would just sit and stare and then start creeping again.
    Just about the time I decided I was going to nail him to his tree, 4 more of them came out of the same hole. I just stood up and moved around a little and the other 4 went the other direction, and the first one followed them.
    I don't know if he was trying to figure out what I was or not, but I wasn't interested in sharing my tree with him.

I was still able to kill a doe that evening.

4. Adamant2010

Adamant2010 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a flying squirrel try to figure out what I was one morning in the tree. He would go from one side of the tree to the other...at one point he got ballsy enough to try and climb on the back of my head....I freaked out and tried to swat him with an arrow but he was gone before I could hit him!

5. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I watched a guy eat his lunch right under my tree stand, he never knew I was right above him. LOL

6. billcutting30

billcutting30 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I moved into the woods pitch dark still, hooked up my stand and climbed up. Just got settled in, all of a sudden I hear noise like walking above me in the tree. I figured probably just a Squirrel, let it go for about 10 minutes. Then the walking kept getting closer and it sounded like it was very close now. I said to myself, "well I gotta turn around and see what this is." I grabbed my flashlight, stood up and slowly turned, I aimed the light right where the sound was coming from and pushed the light on. What I saw about 6 feet away was the biggest Owl I've ever seen in person, it was starring straight at me, then it just took off. Was pretty creepy.

7. Adamant2010

Adamant2010 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You should've got up and relieved yourself....

8. Dampland

Dampland Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bow hunting about 6 years ago. I am walking in to my stand about 1 hour before daylight, and I start hearing wolves howling, Multiple wolves, and seemingly in all directions around me. I get to my stand (still in the dark) and get set up, about 30 minutes later, it gets light enough to see, and I hear a small noise directly above me. I look up, and there on a branch no more than 2 feet from my head is a huge horned owl! He does the 180 degree head turn, looks right at me, and takes off. he was HUGE.

About 2 hours later, while hunting the same stand, I see a mink, a fischer, and a pine martin follow the exact same trail by my stand about 5 yards away. (Was the first and only time I've seen a Pine Martin)

I hunted all day from the stand, and later that evening, I had a young female wolf eat vegetation no more than 10 yards from my stand, and she never knew I was there.

Never did shoot at a deer that day, but the wildlife parade was awesome!!