how many arrows per day? and from what distance?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Leewhite567, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Leewhite567

Leewhite567 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    how many arrows do you guys shoot per day to keep fit?
    I'm just starting to shoot(it's been a week) and I shoot maybe 100 per day from 25 yards to 60 yards.
    What do you guys think?

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot 6 arrows and do this 2-5 times a week. I shoot from 25-32 yards with the single pin. If I notice that I am off I might shoot a couple more rounds. I usually go to single arrow practice a couple weeks before I hunt.

3. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot about 2x a week to keep fresh. Maybe 20-30 arrows from 20-60yds

4. ruteger

ruteger Guest

I'm lazy with my bow most of the summer and don't start shooting until the beginning of August. In the beginning, I'll shoot 30-40 per day from 20-40 yards. Most are from 30 yards. After a couple weeks of this, I'll shoot 10-15 per day from those distances and then the few weeks before the Oct 1 opener I start shooting 30-40 per day again.

5. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last summer I was shooting 100+ arrows a day from 20-70 yards. Now I'm trying to find any time possible to shoot a dozen arrows.

6. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a few times a week, 20-30 arrows, and from 20-55 yrds. But I mainly practice from 30 yrds.

7. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot 2 doz arrows every other week all year round, but do nightly exercises with something like a BowFit.

8. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well so far this year I've shot zero arrows so what would that average per day? LOL

I'll be starting to shoot a couple times per week at about 15-20 shots per session is enough for me

9. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I enjoy shooting and shoot year round. I shoot 4-7 times a week depending on weather or how my back is feeling (I have a bad back and a couple surgeries under my belt). I shoot anywhere from 3-100 arrows also depending on my back. If I am having a bad day I shoot less. For me, shooting when frustrated or in pain just leads to poor shooting and bad habits. If I am feeling good and having fun I will shoot a long time; different distances, different angles, from my practice stand, etc. Anything to mix it up. I can only shoot out to 50 yards at home so that is my max range.

10. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I go 20-50 mostly at 50. It really depends how long I might shoot. If I have a really good group at 50 I might just shoot a couple three arrow groups. It's been windy where I am for a month so it's hard to get out more than twice a week. If I had a indoor range I would shoot everyday.

11. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't shot for a couple years after a shoulder dislocation, so I am going to be slinging as many as I can for the next month trying to build the strength, endurance and consistency back. All will be between 20-40 yards since that is the only ranges I will have a chance to shoot a deer at this year.

12. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    New bowstring is being installed so currently none....but this time of year I usually try to shoot a half a dozen or so a night when possible...never more than 1 arrow in 5-30 minute window though. Strong believer in practicing 1 shot only...in the field a follow up shot is rare and you don't have time to recalculate or execute a better shot.

13. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't shoot very often at all. I'll go out and shoot 30-40 arrows to make sure everything is functioning okay and then I'll set up a practice stand and shoot some that way just to re-familiarize myself with the feel of elevated shooting. From there I may shoot once a week, 10-15 shots. I always pay more attention to my first few shots than anything else, after that I'm just shooting to be shooting and it's putting wear and tear on my bow and my shoulder.

14. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot 3 to 4 times a week, 30 to 70 arrows, at distances varying from 30 to 60
    yards, depending on my energy level.

15. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Without being able to use my single pin sight. I shoot from 40-80yards 4-7 days a week. 100+ arrows on Saturday and Sunday.

16. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No idea how many arrows but depending on the weather, I normally shoot 3 or 4 days a week, year around. Depends on how I feel that day or if I have stuff to do as to how long I shoot for. Some days I only shoot for 15 minutes or so and the next time I could spend an hour flinging arrows.

At home I normally shoot at 30 to 40 yards. Some days i'll do some shooting straight (or at 10 yards) down off our deck just to refresh shot placement on a straight down shot.

17. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot 20 to 30 a day 4 or 5 times a week. I mix it up as much as possible (yardages and angles). Closer to the season I climb my practice stand with hunting clothes on and shoot one arrow. Again mixing up angles, yardages and varying holding my draw time. Anything to simulate the real deal.

18. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a few times a week from 10 to 30 yards. I shoot about 60 arrows per day.

19. mikerock85

mikerock85 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i shoot 50 to a 100 arrows each time i shoot usually every other day from 20 to 60 yards sometimes laying out 2 arrows at each angle and different yardages to test my judgment and usually do pretty good!

20. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 kids so having time to shoot during daylight is tough. I try to shoot 20-30 a week in total, 50 if I'm lucky.

EDIT: I didn't follow directions. Oops. I shoot from 20-40 yards.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015